SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fox News Commercials
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox News Commercials Login/Join 
posted
Given all the stuff going on, I tend to have Fox News on the TV often, often when doing other stuff. Sometimes I switch to CNN or another commie channel just to see what's going on, but it doesn't take much.

But the commercials, it's the same few ads over and over and over. I don't know if it's national, regional insertions, or just my local cable provider.

The ads from the My Pillow crackhead are just constant and actually reducing any chance I would ever buy one. Then there's the Bell and Howell branded crap - a once good company that made cameras and projectors that has been reduced to nothing more than a name to sell junk that's made in China. Flexseal, Nutrisystem, and a few others are in the rotation too.

What is everyone else seeing?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I hear you. Get Fox News over satellite radio, and you'll be covered up in commercials for real estate out west, timeshare getter-outers, and ED meds.

Let's not forget 1-800-Kars4kids, whose jingle that gets stuck in your head right as you get out of the car.

About half of a given listening period is the show, and the other half is commercials. Grr.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And do not forget Prevagen.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Endless ambulance chaser ads that tell me I am entitled to significant compensation:
If someone touched my weenie (not at a camp fire) at a scout camp. 55 years ago!
If I caked my va-jay-jay in talcum powder for decades.
If I bathed in fire fighting foam for years.
If I sprayed a weed with Roundup.
If I woofed down Zantac like peanuts.
Or if I hoovered up some asbestos!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Left has scared off the other advertisers. I see similar when I watch TheFirst on ROKU.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yooper,

Yep, saw the Boy Scouts one today. Also the asbestos and roundup ones recently.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm William Devane.....

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Yooper,

Yep, saw the Boy Scouts one today. Also the asbestos and roundup ones recently.

Not to drift but with all the tv and radio ads as well as infomercials (on Directv anyway) about the Boy Scout lawsuit it is pretty clear who's going to walk away with all the money and it won't be the victims. I wouldn't have believed that BSA had enough money to pay for all the ads.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
'Who knew' you could cash in your life insurance plan....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It's my money and I need cash now.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
People still watch fox news? Anchors sitting in their living room or bedroom just doesn't create confidence in the news (at least fox news in AZ).

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
DVR is the only thing that makes FNC watchable. Commercial breaks are 4-5 minutes long!

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and advertising." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a commercial but a promo on the AHC (formerly the Military Channel) for R. Lee Ermey's Mail Time. They play that damned promo 6 times an hour about the Abrams tank. I'm tired of hearing how it rips through enemy armor "like a can opener with an attitude". Gunny left us too soon but that promo can't leave us fast enough.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
http://www.lifealert.com/

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Any and all medicare / suppliment plans especially Joe Namith - "It's FREE". We know it's the phone call that's free, but old farts hear "free" and it's game on.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
DVR is the only thing that makes FNC watchable. Commercial breaks are 4-5 minutes long!

Ohhh the DVR.....a beautiful thing. It’s the only thing that makes TV watchable period! You could watch the content of three news shows in the time span of one normal 30 minute program once you fast forward through the commercials and the programs intros and outros where they tell you to stick around for the next story and show a preview etc.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other night my son was surfing around on the Apple TV and when he was done he asked me if I wanted him to put the news on. I was in a nearby room and said OK.

He put the Fox News live streaming app on and I was surprised by something - silence. The non-national commercials are replaced with a splash screen and no audio. There were some ads, but not nearly as many. This may be the perfect solution.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hume:
And do not forget Prevagen.

^^^^^^
What you did there..:-)

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pretty much dvr everything so it’s been a while since I’ve seen a commercial. Yesterday I was roaming through the channels and I forget what I was watching, but I saw 4 Biden commercials back to back. I’m not a Biden fan, but regardless of my political opinion it was silly to see 4 commercials for the exact same thing back to back.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post