SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Someone Is Using One Of My Videos Without My Permission
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone Is Using One Of My Videos Without My Permission Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Just blatantly stole it and claiming its their copyright.

It seems he's stealing a bunch of dashcam videos and just ignoring the reports from Youtube.

Is there any REAL repercussions that can be levied?

I've downloaded his video with his copyright over mine so he can't edit and deny.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/_H2abgonyAQ?t=505

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
We need to put comments in saying don't steal other peoples videos...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
file a DMCA on youtube. It's super easy. Just fill it out saying he's using your video. All the options are there when you fill out the form.

Under the video, select the report the video option, then from the dropdown, "infringes my copyright", then from there I don't know because I didn't want to flag someone elses video as my own, but it should bring you to a form to fill out. If they deny it, challenge it back. Past that, I don't know, I've never gotten that far, but that's when you have to get the lawyer involved.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have filed the complaint, but I want the revenue for every click that video got.

However, it looks like he is stealing every new dash cam video posted up. Like he has a crawler looking for them. Obvious thievery.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I like Jimmy Buffet and it seems he took the copyright of a youtube video I made. I actually made it just as an easy way to send a message to a buddy of mine I was goin to meet in a few weeks and down loaded it to youtube and forgot to mark it private... I made the video while driving down the road in my van and a Jimmy Buffet song was playing in the background while I talked... year or so later I get a note from Youtube that I no longer owned the video... I looked it up and it had about 3 views... I suspect two from me and one from my buddy....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They send you the 2-cent piece yet? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you get the results you deserve...as does the thief. I called out Active Self Protection (ASP)for blatantly masking over someone else's copyright mark. He made it sound like because he thought he was a big deal, he had the right.

It wasn't my video (someone in Brazil, I think).

All I can say is don't back down!!!

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
YouTube took down the content, but I am not entitled to ANY monetary compensation that was paid to the thief.

He knows what he is doing, he is stealing content, getting ad clicks and when they remove the content, he still gets paid for the 600,000 views.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
How much money does it amount to? You could sue him if it is actually worth doing. It is going to have to be a lot of money to make that worthwhile - like many tens of thousands.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
500,000+ views would bring in around $500.

I can't sue him, but the removal of the video and copyright strike just cost him his ad revenue this month while all his other content is now reviewed.

Here is his silly assed lie of a sob story retraction request he just sent me:

quote:
Hi Marzy!

My name is Nadezhda. I'm from Ukraine. I'm the owner of "Lost Highway" channel where I make educational compilations wich shows criticism of bad driving. My video content is Fair use, it is creative as its presented a similar kind of unacceptable driving, and has no negative impact on market for original content.
I received a copyright strike from you today. Can not understand why you act in such way. If you think your video was used in my compilation without your permission - you could just send me a message and we would discuss the situation. If there is really your video in my compilation then I can link your original video\channel, add you to my recommended channels, make end screens to some of your videos to help your channel gain more subs/views. Or even delete the whole compilation if you want...
Please, let's discuss what we can do to solve this problem. I didn't want to harm you in any way. But your claim made a big harm to my channel. And also to my family. I started channel not because of good life... Youtube is the only thing that helps us to live here in Ukraine (poor country where most people don't live but just exist). It gives us a chance for a normal (not even good) life. And your claim can destroy everything, my channel can be taken down..(
Robert, please, help us... Retract your claim. Don't ruine our life because of just a video from the dashcam. I will delete compilation if you do not want it to be on youtube... Please...
Hope for your understanding...
Nadezhda Z.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I told him to Crimea river.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
I imagine he actually won't get paid for the ad revenue he poached from you.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
He's now trying to negotiate a copyright settlement with me.

I told him I would sell the rights to the single clip 100% to him for $5000 and I would drop my claim so he can get his ad revenue back for his channel.

They froze his ad revenue account completely until this is resolved.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
As it should be.

This douche probably stole from others who lost their revenue status, as well.

While I only made about $100.00 anually, it still ticks me off about the great demonetization.

posted Hide Post
$500 for a dash cam video? I am obviously in the wrong business.

Glad you have gotten some traction with your issue. Hope it ends favorably.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
He claims I am blackmailing him because I refuse to drop my copyright claim.

It's MY content he stole. He is claiming he has fair use of it because it wasn't causing me any financial harm and he could make better use of it. He claims it's his now because he slapped his url and logo over it and I'm not being fair.

My terrible attitude is destroying his livelihood.

At this point, I just enjoy being an asshole towards this thief.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
He claims I am blackmailing him because I refuse to drop my copyright claim.

It's MY content he stole. He is claiming he has fair use of it because it wasn't causing me any financial harm and he could make better use of it. He claims it's his now because he slapped his url and logo over it and I'm not being fair.

My terrible attitude is destroying his livelihood.

At this point, I just enjoy being an asshole towards this thief.

At some point, you just need to let it go. Give him a big FY! and let his account evaporate.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I will, when I get tired of him telling how much I am starving his poor family. LOL

He is giving me the impression he lives in a mud hut with a dirt floor and NEEEEEEEEDDDSSSS this income just to survive. I am KILLING his baby!!!!

The asshole just doesn't want to rebuild his channel.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
He's now trying to negotiate a copyright settlement with me.

I told him I would sell the rights to the single clip 100% to him for $5000 and I would drop my claim so he can get his ad revenue back for his channel.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
...you don't tug on Superman's cape...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post