SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Someone Is Using One Of My Videos Without My Permission
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone Is Using One Of My Videos Without My Permission Login/Join 
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Not that it affects the thief's status as... well, a thief, but it's a "she" by that name. Nadia.

I'd be curious about what her total "click" revenue is.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
He claims I am blackmailing him because I refuse to drop my copyright claim.

I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I have a good video from my old dashcam, I should post it and see if this person puts it in one of their videos.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
What I found ludicrous was they claimed they got it from reddit, like that was OK to do.

I found my video on reddit, but it was a proper link to my YouTube channel.

This person is truly indignant with justifying why their theft is legal because I wasn't putting the video "to good use". They are adamant because I had it where it could be taken, it was "fair use" for them to profit because of "all the work put in for the compilation". They claimed they have "worked so hard" building up viewers and I am just ruining that.

The whining about me destroying their life and income is giving me a priapism.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Question(s):

Was the offending product clearly identified as a compilation of other people's work?

Was your segment attributed to you?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
No, claimed as their property and had their banner across my content along with all the others.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I used to watch a shit ton of dash cam crash videos on youtube, especially when I handled auto liability for a large insurance company. It helped keep the wheels constantly turning in my mind.

Anyway, a good portion of the compilation video makers credit the original channel with each video, and many have gotten so popular that people just send in their videos to the channel as soon as they happen. Sort of like how FailArmy constantly has content for theirs.

Obviously this person just wants quick cash without the effort.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
People steal my images from my website all of the time and they spread like wildfire throughout the web. While I don't mind as much when they are being used as an example, I do have a big problem when somebody else is representing it as their work.

Here's a company in Estonia using a photo of me moving a safe as their own:

https://kolimisteenistus.ee/eritosted.php

We have several of our vault door photos floating around out there. A few years ago I caught a company using one of the images to make things like cell phone covers. They wouldn't even send me one for free in exchange for using my image on them. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The images I post here are protected by an .htaccess file that limits viewing to anyone clicking on it from this site. Click on the URL anywhere else, and it won't load. Of course anyone could steal the image and host in on their own site, but they cannot link to it on my hosting dime.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's MY content he stole. He is claiming he has fair use of it because it wasn't causing me any financial harm and he could make better use of it. He claims it's his now because he slapped his url and logo over it and I'm not being fair.

My terrible attitude is destroying his livelihood.

At this point, I just enjoy being an asshole towards this thief.

That isn't what "fair use" means. But he'll just keep using that phrase because he thinks it is some sort of legal magic word.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

It's MY content he stole. He is claiming he has fair use of it because it wasn't causing me any financial harm and he could make better use of it. He claims it's his now because he slapped his url and logo over it and I'm not being fair.

That isn't what "fair use" means. But he'll just keep using that phrase because he thinks it is some sort of legal magic word.

As a free person, I do not recognize your jurisdiction. Plus I'm traveling, not driving.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

As a free person, I do not recognize your jurisdiction. Plus I'm traveling, not driving.

Yeah, but my flag has no fringe on it, so you are still fucked.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, claimed as their property and had their banner across my content along with all the others.

Has to be a 25 year old skinny-jean, deck shoes wearing, bearded millennial by stealing from and then throwing around the word "fair" when he gets caught. It's what they do. They've been raised in a public school system and society with a sense of entitlement but not of right and wrong.

Keep your boot on his neck. He needs this lesson to make him a better man.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I do not consent.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I do not consent.

I don't wish to create joinder with you!

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
[drift] If the immediate above conversation is the sort of "stuff" you law enforcement sorts deal with when speaking to sovereign citizens, I really truly don't understand how you don't beat them senseless and then cuff them to a tree with a road cone on their head like a hat. [/drift]

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Now the asshole has filed a counter claim stating MY content was "fair use" and Google is stating I have 10 days to have an attorney file a cease and desist claim or they will reinstate the asshole's revenue.

quote:
We received the attached counter notification in response to a complaint you filed with us.

We're providing you with the counter notification and await evidence (in not more than 10 business days) that you've filed an action seeking a court order against the counter notifier to restrain the allegedly infringing activity. In most cases, such evidence would include a lawsuit against the uploader who filed the counter notification, which names the specific YouTube URL(s) at issue.

If we don't receive notice from you, we may reinstate the material to YouTube.

If you have any questions, please contact copyright@youtube.com.

Counter-Notification as follows:

Videos included in counter-notification:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2abgonyAQ

Display name of uploader: LOST HIGHWAY

Dear sir. This video content is "Fair Use". It shows criticism of bad driving, it's creative as its presented a similar kind of unacceptable driving, small part used from original work, has no negative impact on market for original content. I swear under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief the material was removed due to a mistake!

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief the material was removed due to a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside of the United States, the judicial district in which YouTube is located, and will accept service of process from the claimant.

Nadezhda Zaloga

Lyubechskaja street 21

Chernigov, Chernigovskiy region 14017 UA

wildcatalex82@gmail.com

+380965242816

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Geez, she's got balls. (Nadezhda is a female name)

So, if you don't pony up money to secure your own litigator to get a cease & desist filed she keeps getting paid.

Would love to hear one of our own attorneys chime in on what recourse you have going forward.

Sorry you are having to endure this BS

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
[drift] If the immediate above conversation is the sort of "stuff" you law enforcement sorts deal with when speaking to sovereign citizens, I really truly don't understand how you don't beat them senseless and then cuff them to a tree with a road cone on their head like a hat. [/drift]

[drift continued]
I have a strange fascination watching these videos. Most LEOs are incredibly patient and tolerant. But, I saw one recently where an IL State Trooper just about tore the door off its hinges when the driver started spouting sovereign citizen jargon. Definitely worth watching! Big Grin
[/end extended drift]

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Do you really need an attorney to file notice of suit?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post