SIGforum
Someone Is Using One Of My Videos Without My Permission

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9300024944

November 22, 2018, 07:47 AM
Mars_Attacks
Someone Is Using One Of My Videos Without My Permission
It's what YouTube claims.

The said shitbag is now telling me that since they removed the video, no harm is done, so they want their copyright strike removed and monetization reinstated.

Now I have to prove the content was mine after I already proved the content was mine.

I am demanding compensation for taking my property without my permission for financial gain. Indignant thieving asshole is claiming I am only owed <$100 for the views, however MY content was not for sale. Price was never asked. It was like some shitbag broke into my house, took my shit and sold it to a pawn shop and now wants to pay restitution with the money from the pawn shop instead of actual cash value.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
November 22, 2018, 03:04 PM
BuckRogers2000
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
It's what YouTube claims.

The said shitbag is now telling me that since they removed the video, no harm is done, so they want their copyright strike removed and monetization reinstated.

Now I have to prove the content was mine after I already proved the content was mine.

I am demanding compensation for taking my property without my permission for financial gain. Indignant thieving asshole is claiming I am only owed <$100 for the views, however MY content was not for sale. Price was never asked. It was like some shitbag broke into my house, took my shit and sold it to a pawn shop and now wants to pay restitution with the money from the pawn shop instead of actual cash value.

DANG! The whole YouTube monetization saga is fascinating in and of itself.

If what you've been telling us is correct, this is an international situation. There's gotta be some international internet arbitration group or there should be.
November 22, 2018, 04:13 PM
bald1
Saw on weird disclaimer on a vid description that showed up on the YouTube recommended list. And no, I didn't watch it. Warned that some third party copyrighted material was used but since it was incorporated in the poster's video for educational use it constituted fair use. WTFO?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
November 22, 2018, 05:19 PM
LS1 GTO
Maybe one of the lawyers here can draft up a simple cease and desist for you or, there's always Google and YouTube to show how a sample letter can be written

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

November 22, 2018, 07:19 PM
bald1
I should have captured the earlier one. Regardless here's another red flag one:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
November 29, 2018, 05:52 PM
DaveL
You don’t need a lawyer to file a declaratory judgment action against her in federal court. You’d be asking for a declaration of non-infringement under the copyright act. You would have to pay the filing fee, though. Your adversary would likely default. Let me know if you want some pointers.