SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Divorce sucks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Divorce sucks Login/Join 
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Yes. It sucks. No other words can describe it better. Hang in there, rough ride ahead.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I hope it can be amicable. Mine was (and is) not.
Peace be upon everyone involved.

It's completely amicable, we hold zero ill will for each other. It just doesn't work as a marriage. I think that's whats making it really hard, to see someone you want to spend the rest of your life with but simply can't.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GF of last four years has been pressing me for marriage. (She's been getting advice from female chums, all Divorced.)

My answer to her: "NO".

So, she and I split, but the solitude I have now feels good.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's completely amicable, we hold zero ill will for each other. It just doesn't work as a marriage. I think that's whats making it really hard, to see someone you want to spend the rest of your life with but simply can't.

Tell us how that goes in a year from now,you can't make her love you.
Move on and not dwell one this,it will only make you gut sick.
Been there got the metal

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
But, for a time, it was worse than dealing with death.

Same here, best outcome for you both. sigmonkey, you might be referring to the period known as "menopause", a very difficult time for both. We have been together 25 years now, and thankfully that period is over. We are best friends and lifetime companions.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am one of the lucky ones, 37 years married! We have had some tough times, the death of our youngest son just about killed us both, my kidney failure, I was going to just let it take its course but my wife asked me to please not leave her alone so now I am doing dialysis so we can be together, I hate it but due to dialysis I get to be with my life's love. I believe everyone has a true love, you just have to find them. I wish you luck in finding your true love and hope that your divorce doesn't leave too many scars.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I hope it can be amicable. Mine was (and is) not.
Peace be upon everyone involved.

Maybe you can spend the rest of your life with that person. Just not as married and not living in the same house.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q: Why do divorce lawyers cost so much???

A: Because they're worth it!

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was blind sided. I should have divorced my ex many years before she asked me for a divorce.

I gave her what she wanted, the divorce. She just did not want me to be happy after I divorced her and when she saw that I was going to be, she turned on me. She used our son as a weapon and when I tried to get that stopped in court, the court would not stop her. She drove that kid crazy.
The jealousy and hate one woman can have is shocking. The lack of love for her own son was even more so.

Like I said, I met and married a woman who has made me very happy. So, the sun will shine again.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry FB and it does suck.
Been 6 years for me. Hang in there.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to read this Fender. Are there kids involved?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post