SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The "Your Phone" App in Windows 10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The "Your Phone" App in Windows 10 Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
More and more of the communication from my clients is through text, and boy, would it great to be able to do that communication through my laptop, rather than through the too small screen of my phone with it's minuscule keyboard. If I could do that, that would be great.

Oh, LOOK! The "Your Phone" app integrated into Windows 10! Fantastic! Everything I ever wanted.

Except that it's a klugey, crashy, bitchy, stubborn, non-communicative, error filled, failure-prone, frustrating, gacktastic piece of blood pressure raising shit!

Oh, and the embedded "refresh", "repair", and "reset" buttons are functionally useless. The only thing that works when this piss-poor excuse for an App gets crosswise with itself is to re-install the phone by going through the initial set-up process all over again. Online support is essentially non-existent. There appear to be no fixes, and MS seems to think all is fine, explaining how this whorebagging excuse for bloatware enhances the Windows(TM) experience.

GAAAAAA this thing pisses me off.

I'd be embarrassed to release software this bad into the wild, much less integrate it into my flagship OS and inflict it on millions of customers.

The team lead for this abortion should be flayed alive with a broken Coke bottle, dipped in honey and Tabasco sauce, staked to an ant hill and left to dry in the sun.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
So... you don't like it, then?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with the app, but I just have to say excellent rant!

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Android or Iphone?

I have an android phone (Samsung S10) and use the Google "Messages" App (blue icon).

on my computer i go to: https://messages.google.com/web/authentication This puts a QR Code on the computer screen.
Then ....
1. Open App on the phone
2. from the menu (3 dots, top right corner), Messages for the Web.
3. QR code scanner - so you scan the barcode on our computer screen. Boom - connected!

I hope this helps.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
So... you don't like it, then?

I was a little unclear on that myself.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
if you have an eye phone you can mirror texts on an eye pad, if you have one with the larger keyboard, probably on an eye computer as well..

Posts: 23397 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Yep, the messages app on a Mac does what you want quite well.

“whorebagging excuse for bloatware...”
That was a most excellent rant.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyRayBob:
Android or Iphone?

I have an android phone (Samsung S10) and use the Google "Messages" App (blue icon).

on my computer i go to: https://messages.google.com/web/authentication This puts a QR Code on the computer screen.
Then ....
1. Open App on the phone
2. from the menu (3 dots, top right corner), Messages for the Web.
3. QR code scanner - so you scan the barcode on our computer screen. Boom - connected!

I hope this helps.

This does work pretty well.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who suggested Google Messages. I am giving it a try.

It already seems faster and more reactive than the MS version.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Thanks to all who suggested Google Messages. I am giving it a try.

It already seems faster and more reactive than the MS version.

Well, if it isn't any better than 'Your Phone' I'm really looking forward to your rant that will be coming. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post