SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet seats
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet seats Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
This response in the white towel thread got me thinking --

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
..Threads about bathroom behavior micturation, straws, and now laundry. What is next, bizarre sex practices of Congo tribes?

The battle of the sexes, leaving the seat up or down? I say seat down, cover down, fair for all.

And it just looks better. I visit someone, go to the bathroom and the seat is down. I can't help but visual whoever lives there sitting on that seat. Probably just me but c'mon. These are all people I don't want to see half naked any time, much less doing their business. If you want me to think of you half naked, just stop it!

A related side note, get a split front seat, better in every way unless you weigh a ton.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
A related side note, get a split front seat, better in every way unless you weigh a ton.

No bench seats for the toilet. Check! I hate to think of your visual for the homeowner who leaves the lid up on their bench seat toilet. Wink

And FWIW, I'm in the keep-the-lid-down camp. It looks better and, more importantly, keeps any curious cat paws out of the toilet water.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I make it a habit to touch toilets as little as possible. So if it the seat is down when I’m done it stays down. If it’s up it stays up. The cover always stays up.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I say seat down, cover down, fair for all.

And it just looks better.

This.

Plus, it keeps the dog from drinking from the toilet bowl.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My mom raised three boys and she taught us to leave it up as the seat stayed dryer that way.

Now that I am married, the seat and the cover go down.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
I’ve always maintained that one key to a long and happy marriage is separate bathrooms.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
If you have pets, the cover stays down.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:

Leave it up and you never have to fill the water bowl.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I can't read about toilet seats without thinking of this episode ("Reverse Cowgirl").

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I say seat down, cover down, fair for all.

Absolutely.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Seat down, cover up.

Always and forever.

It might be a "Florida" thing, but the with the cover down, the humidity will destroy a seat and metal fittings in within months.

I do think the cover down, is more "eye friendly", but c'mon, it's a crapper.

If your spending leisurely amounts of time gazing on yonder bowl, such habit is seen as quite vulgar and course among the more refined and questions the machinations of one's mind.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Seat up when I'm done, seat down when she's done.
No need to overthink it...and I have NEVER visualized the owner of the house perched there when at someone else's house.
That's just weird.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Lid down is the only way a toilet should be left. It's that simple. Now as for women complaining when the seat is left up and they fall in.... should they have not looked first? If we men are supposed to be so considerate as to lift the seat then how hard is it to just check first?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Seats? You have seats?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Seriously, I don't see a thing wrong with our dogs drinking from the toilet. We had one who drank there at every chance. Now, among our three, only one visits the bowl occasionally. The only downside is a few drips on the floor next to the bowl. If that were the only mess in the bathroom I had to deal with, I'd be happy.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Seriously, I don't see a thing wrong with our dogs drinking from the toilet. We had one who drank there at every chance. Now, among our three, only one visits the bowl occasionally. The only downside is a few drips on the floor next to the bowl. If that were the only mess in the bathroom I had to deal with, I'd be happy.

Flushing the toilet doesn't necessarily eliminate 100% of the feces and urine. Are you good with your pets drinking that?

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Seats? You have seats?

Hey...Obama's library got finished!

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
...questions the machinations of one's mind.

You're not the first.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't care for a long time. When now wife and I moved in together she insisted on everything down so that's what I do.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Didn't care for a long time. When now wife and I moved in together she insisted on everything down so that's what I do.

Yep, that's one legacy of a live-in relationship long, long ago, the toilet seat thing and she got me started smoking cigs. Frown