SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet seats
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet seats Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Flushing the toilet doesn't necessarily eliminate 100% of the feces and urine. Are you good with your pets drinking that?

In over 25 years of have always more than one dog, not a single one has ever suffered any ill effect from toilet bowl drinking.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve always maintained that one key to a long and happy marriage is separate bathrooms.

+1

Even if you have double sinks, a women's bathroom items grow & expand to cover every exposed area. Leaving no room for even your toothbrush. Just use the bedroom hall bath.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Get a urinal... problem solved

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Seat down, cover up.

Always and forever.

It might be a "Florida" thing, but the with the cover down, the humidity will destroy a seat and metal fittings in within months.

I do think the cover down, is more "eye friendly", but c'mon, it's a crapper.

If your spending leisurely amounts of time gazing on yonder bowl, such habit is seen as quite vulgar and course among the more refined and questions the machinations of one's mind.

Interesting, don't most Florida homes have air conditioning? Been there a few times but never for more than several weeks.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sit down to pee at home. No worries about marksmanship and floor is much cleaner as a result.
Seat down and cover up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Keep the seat down...it gives those big assed black south Georgia/Florida spiders (you know the ones that sometimes hang out in the corners of the bathroom and can run like the wind) a place to hide in ambush (awaiting your little girl screams) Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
No peter tuckers. I despise those round-bowl toilets.

And seat and lid DOWN. I don't want to spray my entire bathroom with aerosoled piss/crap when I flush my toilet.

Pretty big pet peeves with me.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:...

Interesting, don't most Florida homes have air conditioning? Been there a few times but never for more than several weeks.

Yes, and that makes it worse.

Flushing the toilet brings water in that is 15-25 degrees warmer than the internal temps, and that warmer water creates condensation under the seat and lid.

With the lid up, there is enough airflow for the water vapor to dissipate.

If I run my faucets, the first 10-20 seconds, the water is cool from cold soaking from the temps in the house/walls/pipes, then it rises to about 85-90 degrees when the outside temps are mid 90s.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
And seat and lid DOWN. I don't want to spray my entire bathroom with aerosoled piss/crap when I flush my toilet.

^^^This

Flushing sprays fecal matter into the air. If you put the lid down every time you flush and don't clean your toilet, after a month or so, you'll see bacterial growth on the underside of the lid, b/c hello? That stuff goes up when you flush. It's especially gross when you have a toilet located next to where you keep your toothbrush.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I used to work for a man who had three sons.
He told me once that if he had known ahead of time that all his kids would be boys, he would have installed a urinal.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A sign recently seen in a public men's room: "We aim to keep this place clean. Your aim will help".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Told my wives that if I have to raise the seat to use, they can damn well put it down to use...

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I used to work for a man who had three sons.
He told me once that if he had known ahead of time that all his kids would be boys, he would have installed a urinal.

If I ever build a house, it'll have a urinal in at least the master bath, if not in every bathroom.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Seat and lid down. I have curious cats... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have my own toilet...the misses is scared to go in.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post