SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO). This thread is a comment on the use of the acronym and the disrespect it shows for both parties.
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO). This thread is a comment on the use of the acronym and the disrespect it shows for both parties. Login/Join 
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I prefer to use TOB&C: The Old Ball and Chain

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's a solid gold classic.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

4. If either of us thought for one second that the other was serious, there'd be lawyers hell to pay. And probably hell lawyers...

Fixed it for you, Paul....

Razz Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I thought it meant Silly Woman Making Biscuits Outside

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I never would have figured what that Acronym meant but my wife told me I had to. *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Men have jokingly complained about their wives for centuries. No, make that eons. It's a male bonding thing- 'Oh, woe is me, but we men are united in our misery', and you know that most of them don't really mean it.

There are exceptions of course. A few years back, I was at a funeral, and this kid I knew- probably all of 18 years old at the time- walked up to me with a girl in tow.

"This is my old lady", he said to me.

I looked at him, shook my head and said "Son. Son," then I looked at her and said "Don't take that kind of stuff from him."

It's one thing to do it in the company of other males only. It's something else altogether when you say it in the presence of a woman, or, in this case, a young girl who didn't know any better. Also, I don't want to hear that kind of stuff from some kid who has had hair on his balls for maybe four years.

That being said, it's harmless and traditional.

Thank you...I hate that term...

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of miketx
posted Hide Post
Why is the OP talking about my wife? Cool

posted Hide Post
I have never seen or heard SWMBO used outside of a Rumpole episode.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I posted this in another thread:

Rumpole got it from an 1887 novel by H. Rider Haggard entitled She: A History of Adventure. Hammer Studios made a film of the book in 1965 starring Peter Cushing, Chris Lee, and Ursula Andress as "She". (Ursula was very easy on the eyeballs.) It's a fun film. Here's the trailer:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/jDLRcKYppPI

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
TMats, I actually kind of agree with you.
Not really funny but to each their own.
Also without a context or story using it just sounds annoying.
YMMV

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
SWMBOTR247 is more like it. Wink

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's funny, until you see guys lamenting how they can't buy shit because of SWMBO. Then it's just sad OR the guys are really too stupid / buying shit they shouldn't.

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I learned something new. I thought it came from an old Star Trek episode.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah it's funny, until you see guys lamenting how they can't buy shit because of SWMBO.

I guess that depends upon ones perspective.

I spend a lot more of our money on stuff I want than she does on stuff she wants, that's for damn sure. She's not a "things" person. I like my toys. More than once my wife, to whom I sometimes refer as "the family CFO," has vetoed something I wanted to buy. Was she "right" in doing so? I cannot say with certainty, but I can say this: Probably as much due to her keeping a lid on my naturally somewhat profligate spending ways and poor impulse control as anything else: We are comfortably retired and so far have wanted for nothing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post