SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Blootoof, sometimes it works sometimes it don't
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blootoof, sometimes it works sometimes it don't Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
what the heck is up with BT, for quite a while it was somewhat stable, not any more.

Have a couple of BT things I use daily, in my office it's a dual headset that is BT to the iPhone and wired into the hardline at my desk, you can select to answer either.

lately though the BT connection doesn't work every day, in most cases requiring the removal of the known device on the phone and reconnecting/sync BT between the headset base and the phone. Other days it hooks up seamlessly.

Same for another iPhone and an Amazon BT speaker box. I run iHeart radio in the office and BT the old 5s to that box so I can listen to Limbaugh etc.

It seems like it will work for a while then it won't connect, again causing me to delete the device on the phone and then hope it will reconnect some times it won't reconnect, then for no reason at all it starts working.

I've seen this with other bt devices such as bt headset I use to work in the yard.

Give me the good ol days where you plugged in a wire and it worked LOL

Posts: 23431 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My fiance had significant issues with her iphone 6+ and bluetooth connectivity for the past 6 months or so - she finally was so fed up with it that she went to Samsung (after having iphones for years).

I couldn't track it to a specific update, but I do know that the later OS updates really did a number on that phone and made it nearly unusable.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Same experience.

What's even more fun is in my mom's BMW, media/phone/audio whatever will allow you to connect your phone as a phone through BT, but you can't use it to play music - you have to plug it in with an auxiliary cable. Wtf? Plus, all the other problems that happen with bluetooth happen in the beemer.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I can just add my experience and opinion using Blootoof headphones and the iPhones in the car. I've pretty much finished my search for a good pair of Blootoof headphones. I don't use the Pods or ear plugs, cannot get used to them just plugged into the ear for longer lasting listening. If in the past they had the over-the-ear wire to hold the pods the wire eventually starts to cause a small annoying cramp where it connects over the ear, and the ear plugs I cannot just seem to find a "sweetspot" that does't requiring small adjustments to keep them in. Thus my preference for the headphones for extended listening play and comfort.

Now as far as Blootoof connectivity, out of the three I own, actually the Beats have the greatest listening distance strength without any sound distortions from connectivity. They come with an Apple chip which no doubt help to keep the connection without any interruptions. I find the Bose QC-35's to have slight signal interference when around electronic devices like my refrigerator door when opened, or my electric breaker panel. When I use them my iPhone is left in the bedroom and I roam about the house and out on the pool deck in the back. All three pairs work well enough throughout the house with the aforementioned circumstances with the Bose. As for quality of sound and comfort, my favorite is the Sennheiser PXC 550's. In addition, the Sennheiser's have some great soundstage listening environment adjustments with EQ and my favorite Reverb settings. Bose also are very good sounding headphones also. I prefer the over the ear headphone cups for comfort and blocking some of the unwanted external noise, plus all three have some form of brand noise canceling. I've yet to receive a phone call on the Sennheiser headphones but, the Beats and Bose work very well and good sound phone connections for talking.

As for the Blootoof strength connectivity with my iPhone 6S or the new iPhone X, both are well within any of my expectations. The iPhones connect immediately when I enter my car and most recently, I mentioned in another thread that I left my iPhone in my master bedroom and went into the garage to back my car out and the Blootoof connected when I started the car and the music played almost out of the garage into my driveway...now thats a good connection, but most likely have to do with the quality of the electronic Blootoof devices in the car, headphones, and iPhones. So far, the devices mentioned in my environment work extremely well without any annoying sound degradation and/or interruptions. The only thing I've found so far that causes any problems is electronic shielding around other electronic devices like the Bose mentioned above, and that I may add was only around an open refrigerator door or my electric panel. I guess the electronic shielding and the quality of the components circuitry is most important.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Iphone SE (smaller version of the 6 with 64 gb memory), Hesh Bluetooth headphones, Panasonic Bluetooth capable Panasonic radios in both cars and a Rocketfish Bluetooth receiver hooked up to my NAD C372 Amplifier. All around everything works perfectly except the range of the Rocketfish is a bit limited at about 15 feet max.

BTW, don't know about BMW's but the Panasonic radios in both of my cars require Blue Tooth Audio be turned on before you can playback over the radio. Killer Instincts you may find a bit of time spent with the manual for the radio in the BMW may have a similar setting for Bluetooth Audio.

I also have to compliment the Audio Codec that Apple is using, it is not only a LOT less aurally fatiguing than CD's but it also has a much more compact file size. Currently I have about 124 CD's loaded to my Iphone and I'm only using about 22 mb of memory.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post