SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Went to Chick-Fil-A for the first time today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to Chick-Fil-A for the first time today Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Better, then? That was quick Big Grin

I'm sorry. I'm a bit giddy today

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Now, if I said "Dwarf House", what does that mean to you Yankees err guys?

The first time I saw that name was when reviewing an expense report one of my guys submitted. Needless to say, I immediately questioned the spending habits of said employee. Glad I looked it up before calling him into my office.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
quote:
Now, if I said "Dwarf House", what does that mean to you Yankees err guys?

The first time I saw that name was when reviewing an expense report one of my guys submitted. Needless to say, I immediately questioned the spending habits of said employee. Glad I looked it up before calling him into my office.

I did get a call from my boss about an expense receipt from the Dwarf House. He was pissed that I didn't invite him, until I explained what it was, then he wasn't as interested.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Better, then? That was quick Big Grin

I'm sorry. I'm a bit giddy today

It's all good. I'm out of butthurt forms anyway... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh I need a whole pad of those for the place I work!!! But I'll be honest, there are days (though rare) that I'd have to issue one to myself. That is AWESOME!! LOL... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Mistake was going to a fast food joint and trying to eat semi healthy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Mistake was going to a fast food joint and trying to eat semi healthy.

C'mon - it's not like he went to that evil Arby's! Roll Eyes

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12390 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I go away for an evening, and this thread takes a perverse turn for the worse...

Dentures.

SMH

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
McDonald's and CFA are not even in the same class for comparison...

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5055 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Original chicken sandwich. A small amount of mayo and some hot sauce (both from their condiments counter) with some hot fries and a cold half-tea/half-lemonade (the "Arnold Palmer" referenced above.)

If you go this route and don't like it, either a) that particular location is a horror show and feedback to CFA is warranted (yes, they read every one) or b) You might actually be an un-American pinko bastard and should go eat some borscht instead, comrade.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
You might actually be an un-American pinko bastard and should go eat some borscht instead, comrade.
Big Grin That's funny.

My borscht-eating, Russian speaking, grandparents were fierce American patriots. They really loved this country, having escaped from the horrors of "old country" with basically nothing but the raggedy clothes on their back, and busted their asses to get here. They were proud to become citizens.

I think that the next time I go to the grocery store, I will stop at the "ethnic foods" aisle and pick up some borscht to enjoy in their memory. I haven't thought about that delicious beet soup for decades, but now that you mention it, I am salivating for some. Of course, the store-bought stuff won't be as good as Bubbeleh's.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or just wait a few weeks and McDonalds will offer it up on the menu

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of their waffle fries, but I like their grilled chicken sandwich, chicken noodle soup and their lemonade.

Always clean and friendly service.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only been one time. It was about what I thought it'd be. Just another fast food place. There are some I like better, some I like less. A solid, C, in my book.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
besides the three dozen ankle biters running rough shod over the dining area,
the only
other gripe I would have would be that
It never fails
there is always one ass hat that grabs a fist full of ketchups, mustards and napkins on his way out, after eating.

why that pisses me off?
I don't know

I need to hire on as the Condiment police and watch over it with an axe handle in one hand

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
besides the three dozen ankle biters running rough shod over the dining area,
the only
other gripe I would have would be that
It never fails
there is always one ass hat that grabs a fist full of ketchups, mustards and napkins on his way out, after eating.

why that pisses me off?
I don't know

I need to hire on as the Condiment police and watch over it with an axe handle in one hand

The one closest to my house started putting all of the condiments behind the counter as people were just walking in and taking bags of them (not even customers just random people off the street).

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in my local Chik-fil-a and yesterday. During a conversation with the girl working there, she mentioned that CFA is opening a new store in New York that is 3 stories, including a rooftop patio area.

That is not enough incentive for me to ever go to New York, but maybe they'll open stores like that around here someday.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the sooner they put all the rug rats and their moms behind a giant glass wall , the sooner I will become a regular customer