SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Went to Chick-Fil-A for the first time today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to Chick-Fil-A for the first time today Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
FWIW, as a former CFA employee and middle-manager ("Team Leader") of many years, I can assure you of the following:

1) The grilled chicken is not fake. CFA restaurants receive cases of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (and nuggets) to be thawed prior to preparation. For the grilled chicken, that means soaking in marinade for a day or two before being grilled on a two-sided grill (think panini press without the pressing).

I agree that it's not as good as the fried (they prefer "pressure cooked") filet and can dry out easily if held longer than intended.

2) The waffle fries should never be limp or soggy. That pretty much means that the team member making them either had the frozen fries sitting in the fry baskets over the hot oil for a while before dropping them or they were left sitting in the baskets over the oil after being cooked. Either way, "steamed" fries are a big no-no.

Give them another try. Have a fried sammich and make sure your fries are hot and fresh.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
just so Iam clear on the situation;
you got 90 chickens in your back yard and
you go out , for chicken ?

and wonder why its not so great...
Big Grin Wink

You have a point there...I'm about to run out of my home-grown meat birds tho, and we haven't raised any in a couple of years. Just too much work for a couple of old folks.

I'm down to about 3 dozen layers and the youngest of them are 3 years old. They'd be some old tough in a sammich!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
If you like chicken salad, theirs is very good.
Yet another item that has been discontinued in the Chick-Fil-A locations around here.

No more chicken salad.

No more spicy chicken breakfast biscuits.

No more cole slaw.

No more cinnamon buns.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
and I give it a solid....meh.

I'm right there with you. Although I must confess that I really don't care for most chicken in general. I Like the way they run their business, I like that they are closed on Sunday, I think their billboards are funny and that staff seem pretty good. I know chicken is their "thing", but I wish they served beef too.

Before you all banish me to McD's, the only thing I like there is the french fries Razz.

The one fast food place I occasionally crave is Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers. Freddy's had a seasonal Hatch Chile burger that was pretty good and each time I've been in there the staff has been exceptionally good/happy/pleasant (a welcome change from most fast food places around here).

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’m still pissed they dropped the coleslaw, going on like 2-3 years now, right?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Cole slaw? How's any self respecting manly man gonna clog his arteries on a giant serving of cole slaw?? That's how Paul got himself into this pickle to begin with, trying to go with grilled instead of double breaded and fried, with extra butter on the bun, thank you very much.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Paul, please don't judge all Chick-Fil-A's from the one in Bangor. While it is still good, it's not quite on par with the ones in the other areas.
Maybe it's being the only one in 300 miles, or maybe it's the Bangor Mall area sucking the goodness in life out of everything in that area.
I still make it a point to stop in for my fix when I'm up in that area, but comparatively speaking, it's not the best CFA I've been to.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
As a native of the state that made chickfila, I find its like cracker barrel. The good ones are in the deep south, excluding florida, and the rest just exist. It's the only place with a 30 minute wait during breakfast lunch and dinner in the south. Always. I'm not sure what this grilled things are, nor what soggy fries are. Even cold, I've never had a soggy chickfila fry.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Try the Grilled Chicken Club next time. At least it has bacon..... Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I'm with you! I really liked their coleslaw.

The spicy chicken sandwich ain't the same without some of their slaw on the side.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Don't discount a morning Chicken Biscuit, either original or spicy...doesn't matter, with honey.

You're welcome...

Maybe it does or doesn’t need it, but I have them throw a slice of American cheese on there, and well... it’s pretty damn tasty.

Yep, you want to try an original or deluxe, regular or spicy. Can’t go wrong with those parameters. Outside that, you’re not trying what the brand got built on.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have several of these near me, but never seem to find the time to stop in, somehow. Circa 2007 I went to one that was in a food court in a Mesa, AZ mall. It reminded me of the "Whammyburger" in the movie Falling Down - all squashed and lifeless, not looking anything like the pictures. Razz I'm sure that place wasn't representative. So, someday I'll stop in.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like most of their food but they're fries are bland and tasteless. They're the one thing on the menu I would change.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now, if I said "Dwarf House", what does that mean to you Yankees err guys?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
PHPaul,

You routinely occupy 3-5 posts on the front page of What's Your Deal, so I'm fairly certain you could find a way to bitch about getting a blowjob.

Smile

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
oh no

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I know, I know! (But I'm not telling - because not a Yankee and inside knowledge.)

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Until I looked it up, I'd have said it's a home where they make all the dwarves go to live. But of course I wouldn't have actually said it because it would surely offend somebody...

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
PHPaul,

You routinely occupy 3-5 posts on the front page of What's Your Deal, so I'm fairly certain you could find a way to bitch about getting a blowjob.

Smile

Teeth...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, ask him to take out his dentures