SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Went to Chick-Fil-A for the first time today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to Chick-Fil-A for the first time today Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I give it a solid....meh.

I had a #5 grilled chicken sandwich

Well, that's your problem right there. That "grilled" chicken sandwich is awful compared to the crispy deliciousness of the Original. The grilled is thin and I think fake-grilled with painted on "grill" marks and flavor. The fried is thick and juicy and just wonderful.

That's like ordering a hot dog at Burger King. Confused

You done messed up, Son.

Entirely possible...even probable. Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'll try another selection.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I've never tried the grilled chicken sandwich, don't think I ever will because I like their spicy chicken sandwich so much. I get that, waffle fries, lemonade and an order of nuggets for myself. Big Grin

However, as much as I like their spicy chicken sandwich, I like the one from Wendy's even more. But the service at Wendy's just plain sucks in general and the one 1/2 from my house is worse than sucks. Roll Eyes

Wendy's is our go to fast food place and I always get the spicy chicken sandwich as well. Unlike your experience, the service is always very good. We don't have a Chick-fil-A here yet so I have no dog in that hunt. When one finally comes to town I will definitely try their spicy offering.

Jim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimbo54,

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Don't discount a morning Chicken Biscuit, either original or spicy...doesn't matter, with honey.

You're welcome...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Don't discount a morning Chicken Biscuit, either original or spicy
Where are you finding the spicy breakfast chicken biscuity?

That item has been discontinued at all the Chick-Fil-A locations around here.

I miss them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
everyone gets three chances
( unless you end up with a human eyeball, visit the e.r. or
get offended )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Their grilled chicken used to be good.
A few years back they added something they call backyard seasoning yuck!!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm not a huge fan of their waffle fries either, but if you dip them in their cheese sauce they are on a whole new level.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:

And McD's does have the best fries...on those occasions you find them hot.

Order them with no salt then add your own.Almost a guarantee you get fresh hot fries

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail
Where are you finding the spicy breakfast chicken biscuity?

That item has been discontinued at all the Chick-Fil-A locations around here.

I miss them.

Houston area. Dang...that stinks for you, sir. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
I'm not a huge fan of their waffle fries either, but if you dip them in their cheese sauce they are on a whole new level.

I don't eat them either. Fries are purely a salt delivery method for me. Salt does not stick well to their fries.

My standard order, which over the years they have messed up exactly once, once in twenty years:

- Lunch Chick-fil-a sandwich, minus pickles, plus pepperjack, plus bacon. Get's small amount of mayo applied to one bun with a touch of S&P, other bun gets slightly more generous coating of Polynesian sauce. Instead of fries I order four chicken nuggets, those are dipped in the remaining poly sauce.

- Breakfast, platter of chicken mini's. I eat as many as I can and try to give others to coworkers, leftovers if there are any are eaten cold for lunch. If no opportunity to give away I will generally order eight for breakfast. If I have the energy or time they get dipped in Poly or Chick-fil-a sauce. If not ordering platter I will usually add peperjack cheese to them. They look at me weird for a second and then take a slice of cheese and rip it into quarters and top each chicken mini for me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have tasted the grilled sandwich and thought it was far inferior to their fried sandwiches (Spicy Deluxe my fav). I have no problem with their waffle fries. But I truly miss their chicken salad sandwich, too bad they dropped it from the menu.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The grilled sandwich is not the one with crack infused into it. You need to try the breaded one. I’ve never cared for the grilled either, and I like Chick-fil-A.

Big Grin Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The breakfast Chikn Minis are pure crack.... You just can't stop eating them

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Haven't found anything there I don't like. My latest obsession has been the bagel, egg, cheese and chicken breakfast sandwich

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The breakfast Chikn Minis are pure crack.... You just can't stop eating them

Yeah, chicken nuggets on Hawaiian sweet rolls. What more could you ask for?

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Chicken is meant to be fried. Grilled??

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Go for the Spicy Chicken Deluxe sandwich on a wheat bun.

^^This..Delicious. I dont think I have been to a McDonalds in like 20 years...Chick-Fil-A all the way!!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I live in a city so there’s plenty of good non-chain places to eat. No need for fast food. I don’t like salty food and I find chik fila salty as hell. More for you guys I guess

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I love the original sammich, but that spicy chicken sammy is great too. I always avoid the grilled, they're not substantially better than any other grilled sandwich I can get elsewhere.

If you like chicken salad, theirs is very good. If you need a salad, their new Southwest salad is great with some of their Avocado Ranch dressing.

You dropped the culinary ball, ya old geezer.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just so Iam clear on the situation;
you got 90 chickens in your back yard and
you go out , for chicken ?

and wonder why its not so great...
Big Grin Wink

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post