SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Went to Chick-Fil-A for the first time today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to Chick-Fil-A for the first time today Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
and I give it a solid....meh.

Heresy, I know. Disclaimer: It may have been the sandwich I ordered, their other selections may be as exceptional as a lot of folks claim.

I had a #5 grilled chicken sandwich, waffle fries and a medium drink. It was okay, but not significantly better than the McDonald's version of the same thing. The bun was a definite step up, the rest was just okay.

I wasn't even a little bit impressed by the waffle fries. Limp, almost soggy. MUCH prefer McDonald's fries.

Atmosphere and staff WERE very nice. Clean, bright, cheerful. Friendly, professional, helpful staff.

Good news is, it made a great excuse for my first real motorcycle ride of the season. Maybe a touch cooler than ideal at a couple of degrees either side of 60, but I dressed for it and had a good ride.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I agree that the food at Chic Fil A isn't much different than any other fast food, but they do give much nicer service.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The grilled sandwich is not the one with crack infused into it. You need to try the breaded one. I’ve never cared for the grilled either, and I like Chick-fil-A.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Customer service is outstanding. Food is average in my book. McDonald's dollar value burgers, fries and shakes are better in my opinion.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I give it a solid....meh.

I had a #5 grilled chicken sandwich

Well, that's your problem right there. That "grilled" chicken sandwich is awful compared to the crispy deliciousness of the Original. The grilled is thin and I think fake-grilled with painted on "grill" marks and flavor. The fried is thick and juicy and just wonderful.

That's like ordering a hot dog at Burger King. Confused

You done messed up, Son.

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
I give it a solid....meh.

I had a #5 grilled chicken sandwich

Well, that's your problem right there. That "grilled" chicken sandwich is awful compared to the crispy deliciousness of the Original. The grilled is thin and I think fake-grilled with painted on "grill" marks and flavor. The fried is thick and juicy and just wonderful.

That's like ordering a hot dog at Burger King. Confused

You done messed up, Son.

Entirely possible...even probable. Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'll try another selection.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Agree that the problem is what you ordered.

Next time get the original sandwich. It has about 100 more calories and they're worth it. I usually just skip the waffle fries because they're not my favorite.

And McD's does have the best fries...on those occasions you find them hot.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never cared for their fries or their grilled chicken but the crispy chicken sandwich and, better still, their chicken biscuit... mmmmmmm. I wish they served the biscuit all day long. Also, don’t order a soda. You are better off asking for an 'Arnold Palmer' (half iced tea and half lemonade) to wash down the addictive chemicals in their fried sandwich. The chocolate chip cookie isn’t bad, either.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spicy Chicken sandwich for the win! Topped with Mayo and Texas Pete. Be sure to get dome chick-fil-a sauce to dip the fries in. Finish it off with a cookies and cream shake. Yum.

I don't get the grilled chicken often, but when I do, I put their honey barbecue sauce on it. Makes it really good.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fine, you stick with McDonald's. Your loss.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Definitely try an actual "Chick-fil-A" Sandwich or the Spicy Chicken Sandwich before you write them off.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Go for the Spicy Chicken Deluxe sandwich on a wheat bun.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
Definitely try an actual "Chick-fil-A" Sandwich or the Spicy Chicken Sandwich before you write them off.

Oh, I have no intention of "writing them off". I said in my OP that I suspected my choice was not their piéce de résistance

That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I think, yes- try something else. I have had a few things I enjoyed there- the original being one. If you like sauce, the "Chick-fil-a Sauce" is great. I also enjoy the little squeeze packets of "Honey Roasted BBQ" sauce to put on the sammich.

I have experimented some with other menu items. And after that has happened I come back to the original.

Also, if you feel like it, chicken is pretty good for breakfast. Smile When fried!

ETA: Fries are normally better than you mentioned- if you don't like super crispy. I have not however asked them to make them extra crisp or twice fry them. Might be an option....

ETA more: Also, thank you for answering my questions about your raised beds in the other thread. I think it is time for us to move that way- I get ants and other critters in there otherwise and feel like I need more control over moisture and drainage than I get in ground.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The original chicken sandwich is the best fast food sandwich I’ve ever had. Because I’m fat though I typically get the grilled chicken instead and I agree that it’s nothing terribly special. But the service is great and that’s what keeps me going back. Also while I love the waffle fries I typically get the chicken soup and that is also amazing.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've never tried the grilled chicken sandwich, don't think I ever will because I like their spicy chicken sandwich so much. I get that, waffle fries, lemonade and an order of nuggets for myself. Big Grin

However, as much as I like their spicy chicken sandwich, I like the one from Wendy's even more. But the service at Wendy's just plain sucks in general and the one 1/2 from my house is worse than sucks. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of days ago I hit the McDonalds drive through . Got about 10 minutes down the road before I grabbed a handful of fries . Not one damn grain of salt on any of them ! Yuck !
Chick Fil A rocks .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:

Oh, I have no intention of "writing them off". I said in my OP that I suspected my choice was not their piéce de résistance
Don’t chose, order them both. Don’t even need to wear my Thanksgiving eating pants to do it.

I usually get 1 spicy sandwich and some nuggets cuz I’m “cutting back” on bread Big Grin

I don’t recall ever having the grilled option

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The Spicy Deluxe.
That's where the love is.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post