SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Just Received Email From Myself
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Just Received Email From Myself Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Apparently I am a Private Investigator and I want me to send $2,500.00 to myself to pay Chinese contractors who seem to have uncovered some skeletons in my closet.
quote:
Send BTC to this wallet 1H7QWKGzZP1XcY7ruE16X4nYhdbqRzMJ52

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i've had 2 of the same emails but much cheaper offers, $850/900!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
My Caller ID log shows that I have received phone calls from myself. The spoofers and spamers are getting creative.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Forward it to me@rescam.org

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forward it to me@rescam.org
rescam is "currently offline while Phase II is being tested for launch."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
My Caller ID log shows that I have received phone calls from myself. The spoofers and spamers are getting creative.

I got a call from Bob Marley in Jamaica a couple of weeks ago....

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
At least it wasn't that Nigerian Prince who needed your bank account information, SSID, Credit Card and your Mother's Maiden Name.

Come to think of it - I wonder if that poor fella found someone reliable enough to send his money too...

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I recently got an email from, of all people, James Comey at the FBI.

It assured me that it was safe to respond to the genuine offer of money coming my way.

Yeah right, of course it was a scammerspammer.

But it was the most creative one I've ever seen.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Did he say, "Don't Worry"? Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bschuu:
At least it wasn't that Nigerian Prince who needed your bank account information, SSID, Credit Card and your Mother's Maiden Name.

Come to think of it - I wonder if that poor fella found someone reliable enough to send his money too...

Some lady kept sending money to her scammer after the reveal because she liked him.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Did he say, "Don't Worry"? Big Grin

Nah, he said:

quote:
And we're jammin' in the name of the Lord

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
A couple months ago I received a phone message from the Chinese Center for Disease Control & Prevention

But I'm curious, if you attempt to extort yourself has a crime been committed?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I'm curious, if you attempt to extort yourself has a crime been committed?
I don't think it's a Federal crime unless you're across a state line from yourself.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Excellent carreer move. Good luck with it.

Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I've heard V-Tail is a shifty fellow, better call for backup!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I send emails to myself all the time. It's often easier to download a pic from my phone with an email than it is to find the cord, plug it in, wait for the phone to be recognised, and finally copy the picture to my desktop. Also an easy way to send me a link to a site found on my phone or laptop at work.

As for emails from myself as a P.I. that hasn't happened yet and I feel sorry for any fool tasked with following me. Because I am very much a creature of habit. Get home from work and take the dog for a 2 mile walk. Once he's tuckered out and empty I then go out for another 4 mile walk and I pity anyone following me on foot, because I walk at a 13:45 minute pace when not walking the dog. On the weekends it's Krogers and Home Depot on Saturday and on Sunday it's off to the range for 6 to 8 rounds of Skeet.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Apparently I am a Private Investigator and I want me to send $2,500.00 to myself to pay Chinese contractors who seem to have uncovered some skeletons in my closet.
quote:
Send BTC to this wallet 1H7QWKGzZP1XcY7ruE16X4nYhdbqRzMJ52

well at least you are not a Nigerian Princess looking to share your fortunes

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just wait until you get the phone call from yourself.... interesting conversation to say the least.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wait until you get the phone call from yourself.... interesting conversation to say the least.
No, my shrink told me not to answer the phone if I see that I am calling myself.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

I have had that happen and regret no answering on the chance it was future me calling to tell me something really critical

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post