SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Patrick Leahy is a jack wagon.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patrick Leahy is a jack wagon. Login/Join 
posted
I really hate that blowhard. On the upside, Kristjen Nielsen is cool as a cucumber.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
He has always been an asshole.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I like what Dick Cheney said to him.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I like what Dick Cheney said to him.

"What Cheney said." is useful and widely understood code for beating profanity filters on other forums. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
What Cheney said

Cheney Dismisses Critic With Obscenity
Clash With Leahy About Halliburton

By Helen Dewar and Dana Milbank
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, June 25, 2004

A brief argument between Vice President Cheney and a senior Democratic senator led Cheney to utter a big-time obscenity on the Senate floor this week.

On Tuesday, Cheney, serving in his role as president of the Senate, appeared in the chamber for a photo session. A chance meeting with Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (Vt.), the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, became an argument about Cheney's ties to Halliburton Co., an international energy services corporation, and President Bush's judicial nominees. The exchange ended when Cheney offered some crass advice.

"Fuck yourself," said the man who is a heartbeat from the presidency.

Leahy's spokesman, David Carle, yesterday confirmed the brief but fierce exchange. "The vice president seemed to be taking personally the criticism that Senator Leahy and others have leveled against Halliburton's sole-source contracts in Iraq," Carle said.

As it happens, the exchange occurred on the same day the Senate passed legislation described as the "Defense of Decency Act" by 99 to 1.

Cheney's office did not deny that the phrase was uttered. His spokesman, Kevin S. Kellems, would say only that this language is not typical of the vice presidential vocabulary. "Reserving the right to revise and extend my remarks, that doesn't sound like language the vice president would use," Kellems said, "but there was a frank exchange of views."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...A3699-2004Jun24.html

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I must lead a shelter life and missed that somehow. Cool

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

You're being too polite.

Several years ago he leaked some classified documents and - surprise, surprise - nothing was done about it. For a while Rush called him "Leaky Leahy."

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Elk, you are absolutely correct!
My blood pressure skyrockets every time I hear him pontificate.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post