SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    10 yards is just too far to push that shopping cart
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 yards is just too far to push that shopping cart Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
You know, the one you've pushed all over the store? Pushing it from your car to the cart corral is just too much. Never mind the 30 mph winds. Just leave that buggy right between the cars. Bless your heart.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Then you see one of those lazy bastards drive away and realize the bag left in the cart is not what you think.

The whiff of nasty dirty diapers is enough to cure you of doing what you thought would have been a good deed.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
My friend has a photo series of these lonely carts that have been separated from their pack.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
10 yards? How about <10 feet?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of lazy bastards, how about all the seemingly non-disabled people tooling around in the motorized carts. The fat ones, I want to yell at and suggest, maybe they wouldn't be so fat if they'd get off their ass and actually walk atound the store

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Re the people riding around the store on the motorized carts, my initial tendency is to agree with NK402, then I stop and think about it. There are some people with limited mobility, who look perfectly fit. I have had to use those twice: once when I first got out of the residential rehab facility after the supporting rods were implanted in my hip & thigh following the fracture, and another time after being hit with Guillain Barré.

Both times I had to use a walker to get from my car to the store. I really did not want to use the electric scooter type shopping cart, but I could not manage both my walker and a regular push cart simultaneously, so I gave in, folded the walker and stuck it on the riding cart and rode around the store. I hated it and graduated to a cane just as soon as I was able to.
Re shopping carts being left loose in the parking lot, I once had a run-in with a lazy slob. She left her empty cart where it was just about guaranteed to roll and scratch my paint. I relocated it behind her car so that she had to get out of her car and move the shopping cart in order to back out of her parking place. She asked me what I thought I was doing, I indicated that the cart corral was very close and it was just thoughtless and inconsiderate to leave her cart where it could damage other vehicles.

She got pissy and put the shopping cart right back where she left it the first time. She got into her car, closed the door, and I repositioned the cart behind her car again. When she got out of the car, I told her that I was retired, had no other plans for the day, and I could keep it up as long as she could. Further, if she thought I was doing something wrong, she could just call a cop and let him / her sort it out. I even offered to let her use my phone in the unlikely event that she didn't have one.

She put the cart in the corral, while loudly telling everyone in the area what she though about my ancestry, and sexual and sanitary habits, and suggesting that I self-fornicate.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
and I repositioned the cart behind her car again. When she got out of the car, I told her that I was retired, had no other plans for the day, and I could keep it up as long as she could.

You, sir, are my hero! Big Grin

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....and I repositioned the cart behind her car again. When she got out of the car, I told her that I was retired, had no other plans for the day, and I could keep it up as long as she could.

Just coming from a quick trip to Walmart this morning that made my day.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
quote:
and I repositioned the cart behind her car again. When she got out of the car, I told her that I was retired, had no other plans for the day, and I could keep it up as long as she could.

Oh, I wanna be JUST like V-Tail when I grow up.

Except, of course, that I have no plans to grow up.

This drives me absolutely apeshit, and I consistently fail to use my indoor voice when I schlep the cart to the corral while commenting on how stupid, lazy and inconsiderate you have to be to leave a cart flopping around 20 feet from a corral.

Embarrasses the hell out of the wife, but she knows I have no plans to modify that particular behavior.

Next week: People that can't park...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
quote:

I concur!

I sometimes get odd looks from others when I return the cart back inside the store when the cart collection points are over flowing. Like I'm doing something weird and out of the ordinary. Well, I suppose I am.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m with you on this. In 2008, I noticed that a large percentage of people who left shopping carts in the parking space had Obama bumper stickers.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
when I was in that business, the first store I managed was in a semi rural area

parking lot had a gentle slope away from the store,

so, I would, on occasion, go out and get some (does your people good to let them see a manager is not above rolling carts)

area was semi rural, but not semi poor, had everything from millionaires to food stamp users at any give time,

watched a nice looking lady in a big ole Chevy Tahoe take her bags from the cart, to the Tahoe,
for every bag she put in her vehicle, she took one out and put it in the buggy,

all trash,,

looked at me directly in the eye while on her cell phone and got in and drove off,

as in left the cart by her parking spot,

I was close to the local (now closed) horse track that had an event called Strawberry Downs,

basically a miniature Ky Derby,

sold shittons of beer/ice/snacks etc in about 3-4 hrs that sat morning,
then took 3 of us, and a few barrels (plastic ones with wheels on the bottom) an hour or so to pic up the ice bags, beer cartons, few empty bottles, and whatever trash that would be left in the parking lot,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I’ve been in places in Europe where the carts are all linked together. To obtain a cart, you insert a quarter (or equivalent) into the link and your cart is liberated. When done shopping, you simply link your cart back up and you get your quarter back.

Works well there......but we have more lazy asses here.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if the handicapped spaces are closer than the cart corral , I push my cart to the handicapped sign post.

A lot of mobility challenged people will either use a walker or a grocery cart,

almost none of them want to take both in to the store with them .

most will say thank you , to me when I do this,
they appreciate it when total strangers take the time to consider others

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I’ve been in places in Europe where the carts are all linked together. To obtain a cart, you insert a quarter (or equivalent) into the link and your cart is liberated. When done shopping, you simply link your cart back up and you get your quarter back.

Mike

We have them in most of the Food Stores, but not yet at Costco or Walmart.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never thought of leaving my garbage in the shopping cart. Great idea!! Maybe I could put my cigarette butts in the bag instead of just dumping them on the ground. {sarcasm}

One of my friends commented that one of the advantages of going to a more expensive grocery store is walking through a clean parking lot. It is a combination of the patrons of the store keeping the area clean, and more proactive cleaning by the store employees.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike
Aldi does that here in the U.S.A.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
....Next week: People that can't park...

Following week: Teen Princesses who leave their half empty big gulp drink on the parking lot ground, just 10 feet from a trash container.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:

Mike

Very common in Calgary, AB. I hate carrying coins and quit going to grocers with those carts.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23219 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:

Mike

Very common in Calgary, AB. I hate carrying coins and quit going to grocers with those carts.

If Aldi were close r to our neighborhood, we'd probably shop there more often. We kept a quarter in the console of both cars for when we would make the drive over there.

But, HEB curbside is much more convenient with 2 kids.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post