SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What Did You Mean When You Said, "Deadline?"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Did You Mean When You Said, "Deadline?" Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Over the past few days I've received several emails with such fear-mongering subject lines as, "Final extension of your deadline," and "one final email."

Wait. If it's a deadline, how come you can extend it?

Maybe you didn't get my non-response from the "first" deadline as a "no, thanks, I'm not playing?"

What a bunch of weasely money-grabbers.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
“One final email!” You promise? Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
If you're still getting them, you've not yet completed the task. Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
If you're still getting them, you've not yet completed the task. Razz

Right. Said task being to send money.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
This is your final warning.

If you do not send the money by the deadline, we will be forced to extend the deadline, and possibly even give you another final warning.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
This is your final warning.

If you do not send the money by the deadline, we will be forced to extend the deadline, and possibly even give you another final warning.

That reminds me of the Doctor who did a work up on a guy and gave him 6 months to live.

Doctor discover the guy couldn't pay the medical bill, so he gave the guy another 6 months to live.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like a 23rd annual going out of business sale....

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I get phone calls, emails, and letters that state that this is my last chance to take advantage of their wonderful offer. Oh how I wish that were true.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post