SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Speaking of trouble on the home front
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of trouble on the home front Login/Join 
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
There are some invisible friends posting in "the thread" in the main forum who, I thought were fairly level-headed and sensible, are acting irrationally and in direct contrast to my original impressions and expectations.

But you are absolutely correct, PHPaul...it's getting to be just waaaaaaaaay too much and I actually tuned it out DAYS ago. Not burying my head in the sand, but c'mon...even the same ol' sex on a CONTINUAL basis, day after day, 24/7 gets old. Razz

Really?! Wish I could find out for certain...

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually enjoy watching the coverage, it's actually comical. My other half doesn't care to watch it and probably won't freak-out over it unless I tell her it' time to. Like others I don't do anything different than routine flu precautions.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Put your big boy pants on and take care of the problem, or you are the problem.

Big Boys know enough to choose their battles. The shitstorm that would result from cutting off DirecTV would FAR exceed the aggravation of listing to the bullshit.

I'll just hide in the basement more...

I wish I had a basement.
I feel for you brother.
I am so sick of it, I avoid all news, and just make sure I clean my rifle.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
sits and watches it all day

That'd drive me nervous, too. Do you have a music player/phone that supports headphones? Smile

Yes/No/Sorta. I find it difficult to enjoy music any more with my hearing loss.

I do have a man-cave in the basement tho. Smile

I was just thinking “don’t you have an old tractor in the barn that needs an engine rebuild?” ;-)

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have, in effect, wife cancelling headphones in my hearing aids. Blu-Tooth, music or Rush, and I'm set. Oh yeah, the occasional nod and smile or "Yeah."

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, my wife (a nurse) doesn't harp on me about doing things to prevent the virus. She knows my life insurance premiums are paid up. Maybe it's the best for both of us! LOL

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am SICK AND TIRED of this virus and it has just begun...….it's all everyone talks about, the grocery stores are empty (I've been stocked up since way before it even started, but in the mood for some cookies or ice cream or something that I don't have in the house) and reminds me of some third world country in the middle of a civil war...….the interruption in life......my business has taken a HUGE hit in business....I'll survive but I don't like it or sitting around......every damn business call is a cancellation of work......16 full very profitable days cancelled out of just the next 30 days....pretty much my entire month of work......another one delayed from the end of April to end of June at the earliest......if even then...….then 2 weeks of full work delayed from June to August because of it......Sitting a

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:...

Better yet, sit in the recliner cough weakly, and complain how warm you feel.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:...

Better yet, sit in the recliner cough weakly, and complain how warm you feel.

Don't forget about being thirsty. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Cut the feed. That constant fear and misinformation isn’t healthy.

Your right. It’s much more healthy for a husband to decide what his wife can or cannot watch by controlling the satellite feed.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
My granddaughter is staying with us over the weekend. I haven't bitched a bit about the TV being forever on the Disney channel. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha is oblivious to it all.

She wants to go out and about and is angry at my refusal to let her do so.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post