SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Speaking of trouble on the home front
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of trouble on the home front Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I am about to loose my fucking mind over this constant coverage/panicking/gabbing about the goddamn Corona Virus.

I purposely avoid all forms of media but it does no good. My wife is sucking it down like it's chocolate milk and will NOT shut up about it. She knows it's a tempest in a teapot designed primarily to make Trump look bad but sits and watches it all day anyway.

We're about to have an "accident" with our satellite dish if she can't get a grip.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Cut the feed. That constant fear and misinformation isn’t healthy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Cut the feed. That constant fear and misinformation isn’t healthy.

Yep. It’s bad enough seeing the panic in forums on the internet. It would REALLY suck to have it in the household.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was all set to wear one of these to a family reunion , on wednesday.

https://www.amazon.com/Univers...nstein/dp/B00840UAZ8

because a mask would save me from the covid

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Buckle up, it will be a while.

Yes, a large component is to get at Trump.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Put your big boy pants on and take care of the problem, or you are the problem.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I feel for ya, brother. That would drive me straight up the wall, too Frown

Luckily, my wife and I are of similar minds on this one: It's a concern, but not TEOTWAWKI.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Put your big boy pants on and take care of the problem, or you are the problem.

Big Boys know enough to choose their battles. The shitstorm that would result from cutting off DirecTV would FAR exceed the aggravation of listing to the bullshit.

I'll just hide in the basement more...

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
sits and watches it all day

That'd drive me nervous, too. Do you have a music player/phone that supports headphones? Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
sits and watches it all day

That'd drive me nervous, too. Do you have a music player/phone that supports headphones? Smile

Yes/No/Sorta. I find it difficult to enjoy music any more with my hearing loss.

I do have a man-cave in the basement tho. Smile

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's all my father in law will talk about. Roll Eyes
He and his wife watch TV news non stop and have totally gone off the rails on the fear mongoring .
He even made my wife do his shopping then drop everything off in his garage where he let it sit all night to "air out".
He's normally a pretty intelligent and reasonable person. Just goes to show that if you consume too much of the propaganda anyone can turn into a useful idiot.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Have to say my wife has been pretty good about it. At least she’s not showing any symptoms of freaking out.

Have to say though, walking thru Sams Club and seeing all the bare shelves over the weekend kinda got me a little panicky. Going to the grocery store and seeing the shelves better stocked there helped.

Now we wait....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5747 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
There are some invisible friends posting in "the thread" in the main forum who, I thought were fairly level-headed and sensible, are acting irrationally and in direct contrast to my original impressions and expectations.

But you are absolutely correct, PHPaul...it's getting to be just waaaaaaaaay too much and I actually tuned it out DAYS ago. Not burying my head in the sand, but c'mon...even the same ol' sex on a CONTINUAL basis, day after day, 24/7 gets old. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My mom is in pre freak out mode. Asking lots of questions and nervous. :-/

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Yep. I'm in the 'pull the plug' camp. I stopped watching the news and, even though I get the Wall St. Journal delivered, until this hysteria stops, it goes right into recycling.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Our society has gone soft. Imagine if this was WWII. These little babies couldn't take it. Everyone is hooked on pleasure seeking and convenience. Any disruption, they freak out. Stay home, wash your hands, and this will go away. Panicking does nothing for anyone. I check the local news station once per day, and I'm talking about their website. Just to see if the cases are expanding locally. That's it. The news stations are just on repeat, getting this and that expert, repeating the same information.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sickening that folks fell for this shit with irrational fear and panic, acting like it's the fucking end of the world. I'll tell you I have not changed the ways I do things everyday one bit.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
had a relative call to ask if I am setting ok with paper products, Big Grin

He found some ( 70 miles away ) if I needed some , we could meet up.

I told him that my 4 bales from Costco should last me until the next crisis, Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Sickening that folks fell for this shit with irrational fear and panic, acting like it's the fucking end of the world. I'll tell you I have not changed the ways I do things everyday one bit.

This. And another good thing: It’s revealed who the Nancy’s are and thus who to stay the fuck away from.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Probably too late to be on the ground floor for "I survived the Corona Pandemic" t-shirts aren't we?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post