SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Working for a large Corp.......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Working for a large Corp....... Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
As a customer, I have fired Bank of America, Wells-Fargo, and Chase. Reason: terminal stupidity and total disregard for customer needs.

It looks like you're showing us the other side of that coin.

Almost 100,000 people laid off in two years? WOW! I'll bet that the higher-ups at the Mother Ship are safe. Probably even got raises and bunuses, for their innovative leadership.

To be sure!! I saw some of the same type shit starting in IBM before I retired from there. Ass kissing was the way to get ahead, not actually doing a good job. They forgot who the customer was when they decided to put in a new CEO who had never even visited a customer. As opposed to the long history of CEOs coming from the sales division. Then, for the first time in corporate history, they paid the CEO a 2.5 million "bonus"! Also, first time in history, the company lost money, and for that they gave the asshole that $250K bonus. It was nothing but "creative" accounting which should have led to his firing.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never and would never have an account of any kind with any large bank.
Credit Union member for 40 years.

This!!!!!!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Seems no one in the corporate world understands “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” anymore.

The mantra goes, "if you can't fix what's broke, fix what isn't"

Hey, that's what "they" are doing at my employer. It's caused the top preforming oh say 15% of the team to leave, and I've got both feet out the door too.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"To be sure!! I saw some of the same type shit starting in IBM before I retired from there. Ass kissing was the way to get ahead, not actually doing a good job. They forgot who the customer was when they decided to put in a new CEO who had never even visited a customer. As opposed to the long history of CEOs coming from the sales division. Then, for the first time in corporate history, they paid the CEO a 2.5 million "bonus"! Also, first time in history, the company lost money, and for that they gave the asshole that $250K bonus. "

Saw the same at ATT.
Been watching HBO's "The Wire". Set in Baltimore in 2002. The Politics mirrors my experience with ATT. My opinion - it will never get better. Flee if you can.
Probably a snapshot of where this country is headed

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Rainman64, I could swear that you were describing my work experience. I too work for one of the big four Banks in the Dallas area. I too am in I.T. and due to the ever-changing management, I have experienced the same "back in the office" cycle. I have never been so unhappy in my professional life. I hope you and I both can find something new and satisfying out there. Hang in there man.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked tons of overtime in my life and before that a little overtime, but worked 2 jobs.
I know what you are going through,it is tough and hard on a marriage...unless you have the right girl.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good luck Rainman!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No one should work where they don't enjoy it.
It doesn't sound like you are being mistreated all that much but perhaps not as nice as your previous cush situation even with a pay increase.
Unless you are the boss then you need to do what your company wants.
I wish you luck but to me it doesn't seem you have it all that bad.
Still I do hope you find happiness.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
I pulled out my resume which hasn't been updated since 2014 and started polishing.....

A great idea. Read it, read it twice, read it three times, and then read it again. Have Mrs Rainman read it too. She'll remember good things you've done that slipped your mind. She really will! I told my son to keep his resume up to date because he wouldn't remember the good things he did last week. Don't be afraid to shape the resume to the potential employer your applying to.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I had an interview with a pharmacy company.
Interview with recruiter was "The best interview he had".

Made it to Phase 2, face to face.

It was a trip back in time.

I am in CICD automation and DevOps.

They were in 1995. They had no idea what DevOps was, and would have to be dragged 20 years forward to get to where they need to be.
The CIO and InfoSec people want me bad, but holy crap, they are in bad shape.

The search continues....

Or I could dig out my Air Jordans, put on my dockers and polo shirt, and live like Michael J Fox, going Back to the Future.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am in CICD automation and DevOps.

DevOps! Dude you're going to write your own ticket. That is really hot in IT right now but you probably already know that.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

DevOps! Dude you're going to write your own ticket. That is really hot in IT right now but you probably already know that.

Yeah, that's kinda why I know I can get a better gig, just gotta be patient and stay away from the hookers and blow for awhile...LOL

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

Yeah, that's kinda why I know I can get a better gig, just gotta be patient and stay away from the hookers and blow for awhile...LOL

I don't even need to send good thoughts your way but I will anyway. You've got this handled my friend.