SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    G-Shock Marketing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G-Shock Marketing Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
So I'm in the market for a G-Shock to replace the Traser I currently wear for all around outdoorsy/rugged-type stuff.

320 different models and the only filters available on the website are gender, collection, price, and color.

What the holy hell, Casio?!

You make outstanding watches bearing any number and combination of literally dozens of different technical specs and features, yet the only filtering options you offer on your website are gender, collection, price, and color?

I don't have time for this shit, but I'm not really interested in spending good money on something that might not be less (or more) than what I want, just because I didn't take the time to make my own comparison chart for all 320 models.

How hard would it be to add filters for the features that make your watches what they are (like your competition already does), rather than the fashion accessories you seem to be marketing them as?

Damned frustrating.

(Yes, I'll buy from Dave. No, I haven't asked him for help yet. I'm the kind of guy that would rather do the shopping and then e-mail him w/ a specific model number.)

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Here's a much smaller list with great prices.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1790060854

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I just bought a G-shock, and it took an inordinate amount of time to decide which one was the one for me.

Mine is pretty basic. Watch with radio time sync. It has a link bracelet instead of a plastic strap, which I prefer.

https://products.g-shock.com/a...etail/GW-B5600BC-1B/

The other thing that I wish Casio would do would be to tone down the designs. Leave off most of the writing (yeah - we know it is a G-SHOCK with PROTECTION), the bumps and turrets and whatever all that stuff is.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Go old school and talk to Dave from post 2. 5 minutes on the phone I'm sure he could help you select the best model for your needs. And at a significant discount!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
320 different models and the only filters available on the website are gender, collection, price, and color.

And you can only pick a price range, not sort by price. I've quit their website in frustration several times.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What sort of features or qualities are you looking for? I got into G-Shocks a few years ago and did a fair bit of nerd-level research.

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I just want Casio to make a:
solar,
atomic or bluetooth (for time/calendar only, no phone stuff),
digital (w/ positive lcd) or analog w/light,
sapphire crystal,
<46mm,
w/a fairly neutral color pallet.

Does this model exist?

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out the GWG1000, the Mudmaster series. Solar and atomic, also nice sensors (compass, barometer, altimeter, thermometer), and sapphire crystal.

https://www.gshock.com/watches...ter-of-g/gwg1000-1a3

The size thing is a bit misleading with the Mudmaster line. The underside of the strap has sort of “wings” that make it hug smaller wrists much better than one would think from the numbers.

Worth considering!

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
^^^^I got a Mudmaster from Dave Truong, wearing it as I type this. Great watch. There are places out there that sell accessories to eliminate the bat wings and let you put on the cloth strap NATO style wristband, which I prefer (current one is OD green).

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
I just want Casio to make a:
solar,
atomic or bluetooth (for time/calendar only, no phone stuff),
digital (w/ positive lcd) or analog w/light,
sapphire crystal,
<46mm,
w/a fairly neutral color pallet.

Does this model exist?

Don't know about the sapphire crystal but I do know they make a solar version of the DW6900 series that has been around since the late 1990's

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also just want to say, I love that Casio, while consistently releasing new models, continues to include and improve their legacy G Shocks.

I'm a fan of the various DW6900 series and have no desire to change. There are more variety's of them these days than there was just a few years ago.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have way too much time on my hands... I now have to find out exactly what a G-Shock is.....

Nothing in the original post or any of the replies tells me what this discussion is about....

"what we have here is a failure to communicate"

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Uugh. I really want one of these, but the main ones I like are all Bluetooth enabled. I can't wear it at work. Frown

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the same experience as the OP, a bewildering number of different G-Shock models with no easy way of sorting them. I gave up.

When I'm ready I'll just buy one of the models in the thread Dave posted.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Have you considered an automatic? I used to be hardcore on the G-Shock bandwagon (still am to a certain degree) but there is a certain joy to owning a nice auto that my G-Shocks just can’t replicate.

I used to surf much more than I do now so the tide/moon function available on some G-shock watches was what made me pull the trigger. Yes, there are a lot of options. And yeah, it can be overwhelming but if you do your homework chances are there is a G-shock or two that should work perfect for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Ha! I found it.

https://www.casio-intl.com/asi...rch/advanced-search/

Apparently, it's just the US marketing team that sucks donkey balls.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, so I picked a couple to look at, no price listed, tried finding a US store, we aren't one of the optional countries.

Casio hates us! Eek

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Uugh. I really want one of these, but the main ones I like are all Bluetooth enabled. I can't wear it at work. Frown

You can disable the Bluetooth if that matters.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a side issue, how much accuracy can I expect from their least-expensive watches such as the GA-100-1A1 which is on Amazon for under $70.00?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003...ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

As a side issue, how much accuracy can I expect from their least-expensive watches such as the GA-100-1A1 which is on Amazon for under $70.00?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003...ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I clicked on your link, scrolled down to the section titled "Product Description," and found this: "Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month," so that boils down to 1/2 second per day.

Probably the only way you're going to beat that is to find a watch in this series that syncs with the atomic clock, or syncs with GPS time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post