SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    G-Shock Marketing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G-Shock Marketing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks, V-Tail, I missed that. I'm also wondering about practical experience, and for that I'll only trust the opinion of a SigForum Member! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Check out the G-Shock Rangeman. Not the cheapest watch, it’s digital, solar powered and atomic. I actually have 2 of them, black and green. I’ve had them a few months, bought the green one from a Sigforum member after getting the black one. I wear one ever day, even with business casual clothing.

https://www.casio.com/products...hes/g-shock/gw9400-1

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
As a side issue, how much accuracy can I expect from their least-expensive watches such as the GA-100-1A1 which is on Amazon for under $70.00?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003...ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I have this exact watch, bought probably 5 years ago. I just changed the battery for the first time about two weeks ago. It was a bit of a pain in the ass, but doable. I have had a handful of instances where the digital and analog times got out of synch. A google search can show you how to re-synch them. Not too bad. Also it’s a little hard to read at night due to the low lume on the hands. Not horrible though. Overall I like it, with those couple of gripes. And this price is better than what I paid back then.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Amazon price on this one went from $92.50 down to $72.85 tonight, so I ordered it. Price keeps dropping, now it's $72.05! Oh, well, I promised myself I wouldn't worry about a couple bucks rather than risk it selling out.

PS, I'm relying on Amazon's return policies to insure I get the watch I can use. With the difficulties searching their website, this was more a matter of picking what looked good on Amazon than deciding on the best watch. If this doesn't work out, there's one from the GA-100 series on Amazon which appears to have a brighter face and would be easier for my aged eyes to read.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newtoSig765,

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If they don't sync to the atomic clock or Bluetooth, they'll be accurate to about 15 seconds a month. That is normal for regular quartz watches.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Amazon price on this one went from $92.50 down to $72.85 tonight, so I ordered it. Price keeps dropping, now it's $72.05!

If it makes you feel any better, it is back up to $74.56

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would gladly pay a couple bucks more if they would spend the money improving their website.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm bringing this thread back.

For years I've been toying with the idea of getting a nicer watch than my Seiko Orange Knight, but I'd like a chronograph that can measure 1/10 of a second. I don't like the looks of the few watches with this capability, so I figured screw it, I'll get a Casio.

The problem is that by going with one it opens up the possibility of other features I'd find useful: a compass, tide tracker, solar power, etc. The Casio USA website is absolutely awful. Completely useless in terms of narrowing down the list. The International website is better, but the watch with the features I want, Gulfmaster GWN-1000B-1B, isn't offered in the US.

I can't even buy an ugly, cheap watch.

Posts: 10936 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post