SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Yay Warren, Ohio
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yay Warren, Ohio Login/Join 
posted
http://wkbn.com/2017/04/03/tru...overdoses-26-deaths/

This is why I carry. This is why I was almost robbed last year.
Junkies want one thing, money for the next fix. Can't get a job so they resort to crime.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have pretty much the same issue here in the Austin area. K2 or spice is very popular with the homeless crowd. EMS spends an inordinate amount of time at the epicenter of the issue, a place call the Arch, large homeless service center right in the heart of Austin. All because of bad results of smoking that crap.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Years ago, good fun shows in Warren/Niles.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
In our area, it's meth that is the big problem with heroin use being on the rise as well. Because of this, residential crime is on the increase. We have to be more vigilant than ever before.

http://www.khq.com/story/35072...n-on-meth-in-spokane

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some do not want a job and some cannot hold a job because they use. It is not just Warren.
But, yes it is why we carry. They will bust your car window out to take a quarter out of your console.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
For the most part, that is pretty much ALL you see on the local news any more. Hard to believe how bad it's gotten, even worse than Youngstown/Mahoning County. I lived in Warren for a short while, and don't miss it. I'm still nearby, but in rural/northern Trumbull Co.

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 465 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
I'm 10 miles due east of Warren, in PA, and no wonder any halfway decent home in the country, is sold almost the same day. God knows, I have been trying forever to find one. Farrell and Sharon PA, are my areas hot-spots, kinda Warren lite.

This whole area, as with so many, is becoming completely ruined by heroin, and its fall-out. Damn, I remember being scared shitless about smack as a kid, and what it meant to be a junky. Boy have times changed.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmarv:
For the most part, that is pretty much ALL you see on the local news any more. Hard to believe how bad it's gotten, even worse than Youngstown/Mahoning County. I lived in Warren for a short while, and don't miss it. I'm still nearby, but in rural/northern Trumbull Co.

I don't live in Warren either but I did in the mid 90's. My business is in Warren though and I have to drive through it.
Like you, I'm a little North of Warren in a suburb.
It just seems to be getting worse over time.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing stories of 4, 5, and 6 doses of Narcan being used to bring OD's back.

People are putting this shit into their veins knowing it probably will kill them just because they know the high will be like nothing they have ever experienced.

If I remember correctly, the I75 corridor up to Detroit has some of the top cities with OD's.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post