SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Use of military time outside of the military
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use of military time outside of the military Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The 24 hour clock makes a hell of a lot more sense.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here ya go. Pic to explain 24 HR time

Didn't read the whole thread, but, 12:00 AM IS 0000, not 0:00. Just like 6:00 AM is 0600!!!
LOL

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I use military/zulu time and a shit-ton of acronyms for my job. If it seeps over into my "civilian" world, my apologies. I'll ready a blankie, a stuffed, cushy, rainbow unicorn, and some crayons for those thusly offended. Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Use it all day in my job also.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I wonder if Mickey’s feet are sweating?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Big game starts at 1930.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll ready a blankie, a stuffed, cushy, rainbow unicorn, and some crayons for those thusly offended. Roll Eyes
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Sorry guys, I've been having a tough time with some stuff lately and was just looking for something to vent about to blow off steam.
This just happened to irk me for some reason this morning.

I get it. Sometimes something inane at the wrong moment when things aren’t going well is just enough to kick you over the edge.

Hope things smooth out for you, man. Smile

Thank you for the kind response. Smile
I got some bad news a couple weeks back about some medical stuff and happened to be especially prickly about it that morning and needed a good rant I guess.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

Big Grin

Yeah, that had me smiling, chuckling, too,

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My phones (personal and work) along with the home computer all show a 24-hour clock/time.

For kicks and giggles, I bought my wife a Dick Tracy watch (ie, Apple watch) for Christmas. After she set up the watch, I change it to a 24-hour clock.

Note to self; self, never mess with your wife's watch. It will be painful [again] if you do. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone remember the Richard Nixon watch, of his picture with the shifty eyes and "I am not a crook" on the dial face.

The last I read, those watches are worth around $500.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

Does anyone remember the Richard Nixon watch, of his picture with the shifty eyes and "I am not a crook" on the dial face.
This one? I see one on eBay now, $69.00

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’ll let you in on a little secret I learned...

If the number is bigger than 12 and you don’t understand it, just subtract 12.

Then again, math is hard!

The problem isn’t us 24 hour folks it’s the retards that, when asked, won’t give a precise answer.

“What time did it happen?”
“Last night”
“But what time?”
”About 2”
”AM ?”
“Yes”
”So you mean this morning?”
“Uh, yeah I guess...”

Roll Eyes

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Filing a flight plan, and aviation stuff in general, uses Zulu time.

A large percentage of flights cross time zone boundaries, so Zulu time is really the only thing that makes sense.

Converting between local time and Zulu is a Royal Pain In The Ass when dealing with Daylight Saving Time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
We were taught in science classes and laboratory work specifically to use military time. The log books and such all have military time, so there's no way to misconstrue how long a reaction took or how long to let something soak, etc.

I still use it in my logbooks at the office for inspections and such.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post