SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Use of military time outside of the military
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use of military time outside of the military Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stop it.
When was the last time you called a store to ask what time they closed and they told you "such and such hundred hours".
They are going to speak English and say "such and such O'fucking clock pm"
If you are on active duty you get a pass otherwise the war's over man. You can get those spare parts for your head and just tell me what time Am or PM.

^^^^^^^^^
I bet you love it when military acronyms are used along with the 24 hour clock. Just use CB lingo and out of date slang expressions.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero Dark Thirty.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
What standard does Stonehedge use?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
We use it at work because we are a 24/7 business.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Sorry guys, I've been having a tough time with some stuff lately and was just looking for something to vent about to blow off steam.
This just happened to irk me for some reason this morning.

I get it. Sometimes something inane at the wrong moment when things aren’t going well is just enough to kick you over the edge.

Hope things smooth out for you, man. Smile

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Army time - 1800 hours.

Navy time - six bells.

Marine time - it's Tuesday.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
HAM RADIO uses the 24 hr format.(ZULU/GMT)...I"ll meet at 1800 hrs on frequency 14.240mhz... doesn"t matter where in the world you are located this is a time constant..no mater what your local time might be .............................drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
I will just leave this here...

https://www.time.gov/

Posts: 538 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I've used it exclusively for 30 years. It is a superior system with no confusion.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:

What standard does Stonehedge use?
Stonehenge Standard Time from November through April, Stonehenge Daylight Time the rest of the year. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Used 24 hour clock my entire career; I’m comfortable it. Get over it

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Army time - 1800 hours.

Navy time - six bells.

Marine time - it's Tuesday.

Air Force time - it’s cocktail hour.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It makes more sense to use 24hr time.

Now daylight savings...

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Nah, GMT is better.

Haven't you heard? We're supposed to use UTC now because GMT is too England centric.

Big Grin

LOL. You showed them!

I don't care. I understand military time. No big deal.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Simon & Garfunkel's album just wouldn't sound right if it had been called Wednesday Morning, 0300 Hours.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
One of the many things I love about this place: You just never know when you're gonna bust out laughing.

On it's face (see what I did there?) 24 hour vs. AM/PM timekeeping wouldn't be a humorous topic, but this is SigForum.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Simon & Garfunkel's album just wouldn't sound right if it had been called Wednesday Morning, 0300 Hours.

or The Cure's " 2215 Saturday Night "

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

or The Cure's " 2215 Saturday Night "

I do like Patsy Cline's "Walkin' after 2400."

Or would that be 0000?

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I do like Patsy Cline's "Walkin' after 2400."

Or would that be 0000?

Both are used, though, technically speaking, 24:00 is an impossibility because, at the last tick of 23:59:59.999... it becomes 00:00 Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post