SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Use of military time outside of the military
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use of military time outside of the military Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Coordinated Universal Time = UTC Time (CUT = UTC ? What?)

Origin of UTC abbreviation.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
have a clock that shows both 12/24 format depending on how you look at it.... has normal analog hands and a secondary counter clockwise rotating ring (graduated 24hrs)(1/2 white back and 1/2 black back)(GMT located at the normal 12 o'clock position). the outside ring has the names of major world cities.... as the clock rotates it shows my LOCAL time and LOCAL TIME in said city also whether it is daylight or night there..... As well as GMT/ZULU....used it to keep timed radio contacts with other HAM RADIO OPERATORS AROUND THE WORLD.. purchased in 1978 for about $25 now colectors pay much/much more ..will never sell... mine still works (battery powered) and keeps very acurate time with the ATOMIC TIME STANDARD CLOCK.........................drill sgt.

Posts: 1996 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Drill Sgt,

Would this be the one? Yeasu 7RW002

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bald1:
Drill Sgt,

Would this be the one? Yeasu 7RW002

[/QUOTE..............yes sir that be the one.... drill sgt.

Posts: 1996 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryanp225 - You have a really big problem. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Received my first introduction to military time in July of 1977 and have been using it ever since. After my military service I worked and retired from a county government agency in which we used military for time keeping (payroll) and work orders and service request, dispatch/end of call for documentation due to our software.

Even now I question it when someone says meet me at two o'clock.

All I can say is old habits are hard to break.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I get that some of you use it at your place of employment or overseas.
When not at these jobs and while speaking to someone here in the states you can simply use the same language as everyone else.
I don't have to bore everyone with some of the lingo and terms specific to my employment. I'd feel like I was seeking attention or putting others out if I did.

Speak English like everyone else?? You have got to be kidding.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
quote:

Sorry guys, I've been having a tough time with some stuff lately and was just looking for something to vent about to blow off steam.
This just happened to irk me for some reason this morning.

You doing all right?
I can see how a small thing can become a big thing when things are bad.

Thank you for the kind words. Smile
Yeah, things are going better this week.

I'm glad to hear things got better.

Posts: 4576 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with you.

When I was in the military and someone said 12hundred or 16 hundred hours or some such, I would stop what I was doing, squint right at them with a long hard slow stare and ask...."what time is that in real time?"?! If they didn't know or wouldn't say, the game would go on until they caved. Just say "10 o'clock tonight, show up lock and loaded and bring a gas mask" or whatever, or don't expect my participation.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Air Force? Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
^^^^^Air Force? Smile

Not all of us zoomies had that problem.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It's 25 or 6 til 4.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
^^^^^Air Force? Smile

Not all of us zoomies had that problem.

Mostly non-sortie producing motherfuckers had Micky Mouse watches, played on Romper Room time and spoke in "Dick and Jane".
(Being Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot)

The rest used 24 hour time and spoke IRSA (International Radiotelephony Spelling Alphabet).

Charlie Mike...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post