SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Repetitive YouTube Ads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Repetitive YouTube Ads Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Is it just me, or have the number of ads on YouTube skyrocketed lately?

Even worse, I'm getting bombarded with the same damn ad, over and over. Seems like every time I try to watch a video, I have to sit through this stupid Tomb Raider video game ad, with some lady warbling this annoying song at the top over her lungs for the entirety of the ad, with no ability to skip it. Sometimes, on longer videos, it'll interrupt the video three or more times with that same damn ad, and I have to sit through the lady's screeching every time!

I'm convinced this is a conspiracy to force me to sign up for YouTube Red, by torturing me until I just say "screw it" and pay them simply to get away from that one terrible ad! Like waterboarding, only for my ears.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. If they are monitoring all of our activities on youtube, they would know that I have never watched one of their damn commercials! They have ramped them up.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
...I'm convinced this is a conspiracy to force me to sign up for YouTube Red, by torturing me until I just say "screw it" and pay them simply to get away from that one terrible ad! Like waterboarding, only for my ears.

Just do it. If you watch good amount of YouTube it’s totally worth it.

I’m a heavy YT user and paying the $10 or whatever it is per month for Premium (they changed the name — it’s no longer YT Red) is totally worth it.

You also get YouTube Music Premium included and it’s pretty slick.

And you can download/save videos to the app — this is great if you travel. You can watch even when you don’t have a solid WiFi or data connection. I love this feature when flying.

A few bucks a month is worth it!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
uBlock Origin. First thing I install on a new computer after Firefox. Haven't watched an ad on YT in years on PC (PS3 is another story).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AdBlock stops all the YT ads.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post