SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Damaged Guardrail ahead signs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damaged Guardrail ahead signs Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted
I don't know if every state has these, but in mine they do. And I always wonder why spend my tax money to see what is obvious?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hberttmank,

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
In Michigan the only indicator is a pile of bent guard rail, broken wooden posts and bumper covers.

Well,except for the door skin that was stuck in the joints of one railing, that was unique......

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damaged Gaurdrail ahead signs

Are there a lot of Dyslexics in your state??? That sign would confuse me, and I might run off the road.LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'd think the better investment would be to fix the fucking thing.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I always think to myself; "oh, I'll try extra hard to stay on the road up ahead". As if usually I just let the guardrails keep me in the roadway.

I agree, it's dumb, unless of course there is debris in the roadway or an obstruction.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I saw signs in Texas that stated “Law requires you to obey all signs.”

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Leave it to S.C.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here in the Black Hills, they just put a few traffic cones next to the damaged area. They just put a portable stop sign at each end of a repair area, and depend upon the drivers being courteous to let each side proceed.
Nice being in a rural area, where traffic control like this works. Of course summer tourist season is behind us, so much less traffic now!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Leave it to S.C.
And your map app tells you "Stay in the middle lane".

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post