SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Red Robin... This is what passes for a burger place?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Robin... This is what passes for a burger place? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Wow... Ordered a bacon cheeseburger. Meat was paper thin, like McDonald's paper thin. No real flavor, total blah and expensive. This is supposed to be a "burger place".

Now I know why I haven't been there in 15 years, and won't be back, ever. I'd seriously rather get a fast food burger.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I've never had that experience there. Nearest one to me is probably 50-60 miles. So we hit Culvers every now and then.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Wow... Ordered a bacon cheeseburger. Meat was paper thin, like McDonald's paper thin. No real flavor, total blah and expensive. This is supposed to be a "burger place".

Now I know why I haven't been there in 15 years, and won't be back, ever. I'd seriously rather get a fast food burger.

Been to RR twice in one visit. My first time and my last time. For a burger with little flavor, I kept tasting it all afternoon.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The pickles were thicker than the meat.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I've been eating at Red Robins since the early 90s. I guess I am lucky, cuz I've never had a bad burger.

Love the "Banzai Burger" Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter used to love RR but grew out of it....we revisited one a few weeks ago on a whim and it honestly wasn't bad but the "bottomless" fries failed to appear after a few requests so they lose points on that

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I really miss the Fuddruckers that used to be near us. Last time we tried to go there, maybe 10 years ago, it was empty, locked up, with a sheriff's notice on the door, something about unpaid taxes. Best burgers in the area, before they closed.

Now, believe it or not, the Chili's restaurants in the area serve a pretty decent burger.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Culver's has chik fila level staff here, that alone will bring me back.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Fuddruckers, ate at one near Hershey PA last year. Back in the mid 80s we used to eat at one pretty regularly near Louisville KY.

Great burgers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Loved the Fuddruckers's we had in northern NJ. The meat was on display and you picked from there. Always cooked right and plenty of fixings to add.

For the most part, I like out smaller local places for burgers.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Went to RR in Wichita a few years back.

I was impressed and really like the food and the atmosphere.

And it is on my list of things to do the next time I am there.

And I am a damned picky eater.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Expensive, overrated, nope. Fuddruckers is tons better.

There are local places that serve real burgers.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've really liked the burgers at Red Robin whenever we went. The service is what has kept us away. We have two locations within 10-15 minutes of us and we had lousy service at each location multiple times.

And as someone else mentioned, trying to get in on the bottomless fries is about impossible. Once they brought out my refill of fries after everyone was already eating their dessert. Fries are a part of at least 75% of their dishes. It should be like fast food back there with fries always being cooked. But no, they have to cook yours specifically or something and it takes 15-20 min to get a refill of fries.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Must be some good ones and some bad ones.
I've been fortunate enough to only have visited the former.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Maybe they were low on hamburger and had to make the meat stretch. Razz
It has been a few years but my recollection was the burgers were good (and not thin). Eek

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Seemed like my first visit to RR was really good but it's definitely more miss than hit since then, and it's never a first choice.

Fuckruckers is one of my favorites. Great quality burgers.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They are OK for what they are but ever since they started this bottomless fries nonsense, it seems like they give you literally 6 French fries with your order then it takes FOREVER if you ask for more. I think they drag their feet trying to get people to just say "forget it".

The one near us also has consistently terrible pacing of orders and it's gotten to the point where we don't want to order appetizers anymore. You order an app or two, then they take your meal order, then you wait. And wait. Suddenly they are bringing you your onion rings and pretzel bites...then 30 seconds later your burgers are shoved in front of you. Nothing pisses me off more than a restaurant that can't get the appetizer out quickly and they send it all out together. Not sure if this is a local issue or a Red Robin issue.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had a bad experience, we've eaten there probably a dozen times.

I got a free burger on Veteran's Day last year.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
RR started strong back in the early days, but like mos chains, they struggle in the long run by not upkeeping locations and then try to survive by cutting food costs. It's also typically very location dependent, who the franchise owner is running it, etc, etc.

Fuddrucks was great for a long time, but lots of them experienced the same downfall.

Now I search for a good local or newer joint to eat.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried RR once. Not too bad but so noisy it was like a riot.
Fuddruckers. I miss that.
But the Yoop has Culvers!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post