SIGforum
Background check means three months of hand-wringing...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9170090924

August 31, 2017, 03:55 PM
4ftty4
Background check means three months of hand-wringing...
Are you in the process with the SO? Patrol or Corrections?
September 01, 2017, 10:56 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Why would I have a rap about that? Oh, wait, you're trying to be funny? Got it.
Yeah, funny haha.

Is it a badge & gun carrying position?
September 13, 2017, 07:33 PM
Sig2340
Fear not.

I had a clearance application take almost five years.

During which time I held an "interim" clearance.

The clearance was finally issued, and went into reinvestigation almost immediately.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
September 17, 2017, 05:13 PM
guardianangel762
So...I called the my SO I have applied at and found out they misplaced my folder. This happens, just shoot off a friendly email asking the status of your background. It got my background check back on track.

September 23, 2017, 09:26 PM
Orguss
Well, I did as suggested and waited patiently without contacting them. They called me today to set up the initial background interview for Monday.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
September 23, 2017, 09:27 PM
MooneyP226
Nice work following directions, Trainee Orguss Big Grin

Now go NAIL that interview process! Good skill and good luck!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad
September 24, 2017, 11:52 AM
CD228
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Fear not.

I had a clearance application take almost five years.

During which time I held an "interim" clearance.

The clearance was finally issued, and went into reinvestigation almost immediately.

Wow. I thought I had it bad, I was trying to get reinvestigated during the OPM hack/shut down.
September 24, 2017, 02:14 PM
DaBigBR
Law enforcement employment backgrounds, done correctly, easily take 40 hours or more to complete. I always roll my eyes when NICS checks and NFA processing are referred to as "background checks" because they're really no more than a records check (and a print check with NFA stuff). Then you factor in all of the possible complications in hiring that include dealing with HR and finance people.

Patience is challenging, but if it's a wait to start a background, it's rarely the applicant's fault.
October 02, 2017, 12:53 PM
JR78
Be patient. If there was something that needed clarification he would've called you. If the BI is also a detective, they may be working criminal cases.

October 03, 2017, 01:49 PM
fatmanspencer
Good luck. I know waiting on my seemed to take forever, but was worth it in the end. Once you have your foot in the door, and you have been on the job, your good. Bring honor to the job.

Used guns deserve a home too