SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Background check means three months of hand-wringing...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Background check means three months of hand-wringing... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Are you in the process with the SO? Patrol or Corrections?

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Why would I have a rap about that? Oh, wait, you're trying to be funny? Got it.
Yeah, funny haha.

Is it a badge & gun carrying position?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Fear not.

I had a clearance application take almost five years.

During which time I held an "interim" clearance.

The clearance was finally issued, and went into reinvestigation almost immediately.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
So...I called the my SO I have applied at and found out they misplaced my folder. This happens, just shoot off a friendly email asking the status of your background. It got my background check back on track.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, I did as suggested and waited patiently without contacting them. They called me today to set up the initial background interview for Monday.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Nice work following directions, Trainee Orguss Big Grin

Now go NAIL that interview process! Good skill and good luck!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Fear not.

I had a clearance application take almost five years.

During which time I held an "interim" clearance.

The clearance was finally issued, and went into reinvestigation almost immediately.

Wow. I thought I had it bad, I was trying to get reinvestigated during the OPM hack/shut down.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Law enforcement employment backgrounds, done correctly, easily take 40 hours or more to complete. I always roll my eyes when NICS checks and NFA processing are referred to as "background checks" because they're really no more than a records check (and a print check with NFA stuff). Then you factor in all of the possible complications in hiring that include dealing with HR and finance people.

Patience is challenging, but if it's a wait to start a background, it's rarely the applicant's fault.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Be patient. If there was something that needed clarification he would've called you. If the BI is also a detective, they may be working criminal cases.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I know waiting on my seemed to take forever, but was worth it in the end. Once you have your foot in the door, and you have been on the job, your good. Bring honor to the job.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post