SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Oh, Joe. Do you really need the cash?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, Joe. Do you really need the cash? Login/Join 
posted
A quick google search on Broadway Joe Namath will indicate he is worth 18 million bucks.
Yet here he is, up in my TV face in nauseating repetition, hawking some Medicare Supplement plan.
He even says he called these people and they "instantly" looked up his benefits. For free rides to the doctor and free home delivered meals.
Hey, Joe? Go back to Beaver Falls. Be sure to change your address with your plan people so you get your meals on wheels.
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
How many have you met that want the job just to get out of the house?

I’m talking about older, retired folks. Yes, he could just sit around, but may as well parlay his persona for some $$$, while he’s able. If nothing else his estate will have enough to fight over.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Idunno... Seems like $18,000,000 doesn't go that far these days. Confused

Still makes more sense than those damn Nationwide advertisements.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but maybe he feels he's doing a public service. Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans can be very confusing and intimidating for some people. I don't get where his worth plays a role here.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I'd rather watch Joe than Tom Selleck do his reverse mortgage commercials,especially the one where he's standing at the window with his back to the camera. The scowling, sideways glances, and exaggerated inhalations of breath are getting tiresome.

Not to mention the questionable value of reverse mortgage schemes.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So is your beef that you don't like Joe Namath?
You don't like him working with a GoogleFo Net Worth of 18M?
You simple don't like the commercial or the product?
or something else?
Confused

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
You have to admit i’s a step up from when he did the ad wearing pantyhose. Big Grin

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neither hot or cold on Joe personally. Just had enough of rich celebrities claiming to use services or products they obviously dont need or use.

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just had enough of rich celebrities claiming to use services or products they obviously dont need or use.

And is that what you think Joe is doing here?

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well, there's a reason his nickname is Broadway Joe and it ain't because he's behind the camera.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I have a hard time believing Joe needs a Medicare Supplement. I think his budget allows for non government health care.

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I'm just the opposite. I couldn't wait for him to play for Alabama back when I was in high school. That makes him about 75 now. I don't like the ads, but then I don't like any ads.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
I'd rather watch Joe than Tom Selleck do his reverse mortgage commercials,especially the one where he's standing at the window with his back to the camera. The scowling, sideways glances, and exaggerated inhalations of breath are getting tiresome.

Not to mention the questionable value of reverse mortgage schemes.

Do you really think he has a reverse mortgage?? I can't someone like him ripping off little old ladies.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too can't stand those ads and have become very adept at hitting the mute button as soon as I see Joe's smiling face. Note that like some lawyer ads, they emphasize the phrase, "what you deserve", aimed at every poor bastard, that thinks life has screwed him over. It's that time of year, so not only are we subjected to "I guarantee it" Joe, we're getting 10 robocalls a day about these wonderful Medicare Advantage plans, that are going to supply us with every free benefit you can imagine. Their benevolence overwhelms me. Imagine them spending all this time and money just to make my later years more enjoyable. So what's the catch? The catch is they are Medicare's version of the HMO. Unlike conventional Medicare with a supplement, they tell you you can only see doctors and go to hospitals that are "in network". There may also be co-pays and deductibles. They may be preferable for some on a tight budget but you sacrifice choice. In addition to Medicare parts A and B, I have a BC/BS supplement. I do not have Part D because, until recently, I was on no prescription drugs. It costs me $200 per month but I can see any doctor and go to any hospital I choose. I have no deductible and I have never had a co-pay. Bottom line, if you can afford to pay a supplement, avoid a Medicare Advantage plan like the plague.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Your results may vary but my Aetna Medicare Advantage plan has been a great improvement over my United Healthcare Supplement and Prescription drug plans that I previously had.

My plan is a PPO/HMO. My Cardiologist is in network. Local hospital in my city is in network together with Ascencion who also is here and who I suspect will open another hospital in the future here. Vision and dental reimbursement with dollar limits, any amount our secondary BC/BS dental and vision does not cover I submit bills to them, at present $500 yearly back for dental not covered. Not sure on vision, I find this out next week.

United Healthcare did not participate in Silver Sneakers. They had a similar deal with YMCA's which is fine if I want to drive 60+ miles round trip to the closest one. They allow me to go to my choice of two local gyms, both of them are real 24/7/365 access also. And I'm one to use them late at night at times also. Local Planet Fitness has $10 per month deal for everyone but restricted hours on weekends and closed on holidays and usually on Christmas and New Years Eva also.

Each trip to the pharmacy previously cost me about 50-60 dollars for a 90 day supply, under Aetna zero out of pocket. Also can order online over the counter items like band aids, aspirin, vitamins for free within a preset limit, nothing like that from the Supplement. And this coverage is part of my Advantage Plan, no additional payment for this unlike previous year at $29 per month.

My annual tests co-pays have dropped also, under the supplement my out of pocket for the stress test was $750, under Advantage it dropped to $75, same facility, same tester, same procedure. My co-pay to see my Cardiologist next year goes up to $40 from this year's $30, but the 40 figure is what I paid under the supplement the year before.

I have a small side policy to cover some things related to hospitalization, costs me $42 per month. I had a real rough time earlier this year with Bronchitis, four or five vists to an urgent care run by Ascencion here. Think I finally paid only $120 in co-pays.

Previously I spent $190 per month for my supplement,a side policy to cover what Medicare and the Supplement did not and prescription drug coverage under the supplement, under the Advantage Plan it dropped to zero out of pocket.

My best advice is to have someone that sells multi lines of health insurance to advise you, that is what we did. My referral to our company came from the insurer that covered my previous workplace. While they did not sell or service individual plans just corporate they put us in touch with our agency. So far so good.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post