SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hey Dominoes..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Dominoes.. Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I still strongly prefer Round Table or Papa Murphy's, but on those occasions when I'm hungry and in a hurry it's a decent backup.

I haven't tried Round Table pizza. I went on their web site and see that they offer anchovies in some locations. Might give them a shot.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever they are doing - their business model works. I see new franchises opening every now and then and rarely see a closure, if ever.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
There are dozens of local "Mom & Pop" pizza places here. I'll take any one of them over a pizza chain.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Here there are zero Mom and pops around. It’s adequate. They make no promises they can’t keep.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5147 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Dudes, it's a $5 fucking pizza, not gourmet shit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Dudes, it's a $5 fucking pizza, not gourmet shit.
If it doesn't have anchovies it's not worth anywhere near five bucks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
The Dominos here makes good pizza. We go to a local place when we want incredibly kick ass pizza but if we’re grabbing quick and easy it’s Dominos.

I'll echo Leemur on this.

As delivery goes, I've preferred Papa John's in the past. What holds me up, though, is that their web site doesn't recognize my address -- even when I choose it from their drop-down menu. Dominos is good enough, and gets here quickly.

For good pizza, I'm going to the Italian place across the river, taking my time, and having a glass of wine with it. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Dominoes used to be decent, but they changed their recipe in the early 2000's. Now it totally blows.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I like anchovies as well,

Or as Chef John calls them...Italian MSG. Big Grin

They definitely add something nice to sauce that's for sure.

Regarding Dominoes, count me in the fan column.

I've liked them since way back in the 80s. Best delivery pizza there is IMO. Yes, I can make a better one at home, but it is time consuming. Yes, there are much better pizzas in a sit-down restaurant. Delivery though? If there's a Dominoes around, they're getting my call.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, my wife and I used to get a Dominoes pizza once a week. One day they changed how they made the pizza and we have not gotten one for years.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in the Yoop, its Jets or Papa Murphy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Years ago, my wife and I used to get a Dominoes pizza once a week. One day they changed how they made the pizza and we have not gotten one for years.

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Dominoes used to be decent, but they changed their recipe in the early 2000's. Now it totally blows.

Yup, Same thing around here. When their slogan became 'Oh yes we did!' It became my answer to 'Did you guys go to Papa Johns?' Big Grin

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post