SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hey Dominoes..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Dominoes.. Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
You can drop the "pizza" from your name, redesign your stores, have online order tracking and fix potholes....

Your pizza still sucks and I won't eat it. Work on that

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The pasta is okay. I don't eat their pizza.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Decades ago, I lived off their pizza. Quick. They delivered. Reasonably priced for unemployed college student. Invaluable during test season. This is before pizza shops were on every street corner and mini mall.

I haven’t seen one in years. Didn’t even know they were still around.

For instant pizza, I’ve been using frozen Kirkland. Add some herbs, cheese and evoo. Throw it on the grill for 10 minutes. Crisp crust and gooey goodness on top.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I'm going to have to disagree.

Decades ago when I was poor, I'd order Dominos as a special treat. When things got better, I stopped. We would eat Costco pizza or some real italian place pizza. Did not have Dominos for at least 25 years straight.

Until sometime last month. Wanted some fast food; went to Popeyes drive through. I ordered a 20 piece. The guy said he didn't have all of one type between regular and spicy. I agreed to some mix; but he quickly changed the number available. At that point, I quit.

Tried Dominos. Man, I liked the taste. It wasn't what I remembered. Liked it so much since then, I'm ordered 4 different times - 2 pizzas, one pepperoni and olive, the other sausage and mushroom. both for just $13. I put one slice of one face to face with a slice of the other. mmm...

Just had the fourth order tonight. It's not soggy, tough, or too chewy. I like it. I was pissed to learn they don't carry cheese packets, only chili flakes packets. oh well.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Sorry. I'm going to have to disagree.

Decades ago when I was poor, I'd order Dominos as a special treat. When things got better, I stopped. We would eat Costco pizza or some real italian place pizza. Did not have Dominos for at least 25 years straight.

Until sometime last month. Wanted some fast food; went to Popeyes drive through. I ordered a 20 piece. The guy said he didn't have all of one type between regular and spicy. I agreed to some mix; but he quickly changed the number available. At that point, I quit.

Tried Dominos. Man, I liked the taste. It wasn't what I remembered. Liked it so much since then, I'm ordered 4 different times - 2 pizzas, one pepperoni and olive, the other sausage and mushroom. both for just $13. I put one slice of one face to face with a slice of the other. mmm...

Just had the fourth order tonight. It's not soggy, tough, or too chewy. I like it. I was pissed to learn they don't carry cheese packets, only chili flakes packets. oh well.

Agree word-for-word. Sure there are better pizza’s out there, but I’ve been in the restaurant industry for many years and I’ve watched Dominos leadership put quite a bit into improving their product and quality. As “corporate delivery” pizza goes, it’s pretty good.

Pizza Hut on the other hand....ugh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The Dominos here makes good pizza. We go to a local place when we want incredibly kick ass pizza but if we’re grabbing quick and easy it’s Dominos.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I like Dominoes pizza.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I don't know, they have changed things and they are a hell of a lot better than they were. It's still not gourmet pizza, but it's solid.

I had to quit ordering from them though, the local Domino's adopted a $16 dollar minimum for delivery. The last time I tried to order, my total was $15.98 and they wouldn't budge. I was ordering two separate meals, and I didn't meet their delivery minimum. Haven't had it since.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
All the chain pizza delivery corporations don’t serve quality pizza. Their sauces are sweetened to suit our tastes in America.

I go to a small local joint that is run by two Italian immigrants for a real pie.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The only pizza we get anymore is Papa Murphy's take'n'bake and more times than not I cook it on the Weber Kettle. Yum! We haven't had a Dominoes or Pizza Hut pizza in 20+ years.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
The only pizza we get anymore is Papa Murphy's take'n'bake
I stopped buying Papa Murphy's when the local store stopped offering anchovies as a topping.

The location closed shortly after I stopped patronizing them. It is humbling to realize that I have so much power.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm convinced that Dominoes uses some sort of imitation "cheese" on their pizza. It ain't mozzarella that's for sure.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
I stopped buying Papa Murphy's when the local store stopped offering anchovies as a topping.

The location closed shortly after I stopped patronizing them. It is humbling to realize that I have so much power.

I like anchovies as well, I just live without them on pizzas any more, but Caesar salad absolutely has to have them.

Out of curiosity, what chain pizza place offers them as an option?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Use your super powers wisely for the betterment of mankind.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like anchovies as well, I just live without them on pizzas any more, but Caesar salad absolutely has to have them.

Out of curiosity, what chain pizza place offers them as an option?
Papa John's, in my area. The website does not show anchovies as an option, but when contacting the store to order, they do have them.

Pizza Hut used to have anchovies, not any more in local stores.

I have not ordered from Hungry Howie's or Little Caesar recently, but they did have anchovies in the past.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

My wife and I have a running version of that game. We see something not right and we wonder how long before that place closes down. And we try to pick the determining factor: bad food, service, or location. Sure enough, they do.

Most memorable: we stopped in a new deli-like take-out place a long time ago. I looked up at the menu board. There was about maybe 8 or 10 items. I asked: "What's good? What do you recommend for the first time trying?"

Counter guy said, "Oh, anything! Everything is good."

So, I picked one. Answer: "Oh, we don't have any at the moment."

I picked a second. Answer: "Sorry, we're out of that, too."

I literally went through the list until the last one I picked and the answer was all the same: "Not available."

I looked him in the eye and said, "You had the opportunity to steer me to the only item you had on hand when I asked you what was good. But, instead, you let me go through the whole menu. You were hoping I'd pick the one item you had available by chance???" My wife and I walked out. We asked each other the question and sure enough, shortly after it closed.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
quote:

Use your super powers wisely for the betterment of mankind.
Now that you mention it, I guess I am also responsible for closing down the local Macaroni Grill. They stopped carrying anchovies, so I would have a can in my pocket when I went there, for Caesar salad, or pizza, or spaghetti with olive oil & garlic (and anchovies).

If this trend continues -- V-Tail causing local restaurants to fold when they stop carrying anchovies -- there won't be any place to eat out any more.

I wonder what will happen to the yuppie pizza place that ArtieS took me to. They had no anchovies. Worse yet, when I went back there a second time, they refused to make a pizza or Caesar salad, using anchovies that I supplied.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Our local Dominoes is good. I had avoided it for years until they revamped a year or two ago. Since then I've found it to be decent fast-food pizza.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I have to admit it's not terrible pizza. It used to be, in fact for years I refused to even call it pizza. When they "fixed" it a few years ago I was skeptical, but finally somebody talked me into trying one. It was actually pretty decent. Not great, but edible (which Little Caesar's still isn't). I still strongly prefer Round Table or Papa Murphy's, but on those occasions when I'm hungry and in a hurry it's a decent backup.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I find it to be very bland

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post