SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Web sites/forums...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Web sites/forums... Login/Join 
posted
..and passwords needed in order to register.

I use passwords of various motorcycles of old, not easily found by anyone wishing to hack my account. I mean who but me remembers the model number of a 1955 BSA BB33?

However, that's not good enough. The password generated by the forum is a mile long of goggle-gook and can't be copied and pasted.

Aaarg.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Changeme-01 works almost everywhere.
Razz

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there's furums I can't join cause I can't read some of the Captcha "I ain't no robot" thing.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
can't be copied and pasted.

This is stoopid, but not rare. If I am going to use a super complicate PW, generated there or elsewhere, let me C&P. What the hell is the risk?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, there's furums I can't join cause I can't read some of the Captcha "I ain't no robot" thing.

I have that problem as well. My visual perception must not be up to speed. Web sites that have light typing on a gray background are even worse. Some of the Captcha things have another an alternate method of listening to the stupid numbers and letters and then entering it properly.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Your password cannot contain symbols/your password must contain at least one symbol.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
My voice mail at work is the worst. I only get messages on it about once a month so every time someone leaves a message I have to reset it. You can't use the last 100 passwords or something like that and I can only come up with so many six number combinations. What is the danger here? Someone hacks into it and gets to hear some outdated person who hasn't figured out yet that nobody uses voice mail anymore say "Call me back"? Can't stand the stupid red light.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Passwords management across systems and applications is all over the map, it's frustrating. There just isn't enough pain to standardize a set of specifications that is attractive enough to implement industry-wide. It's not a technical problem, it's an industry laziness problem. I agree, I reject using some sites just because the password policy is fubar-ed.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
can't be copied and pasted.

This is stoopid, but not rare. If I am going to use a super complicate PW, generated there or elsewhere, let me C&P. What the hell is the risk?

Maybe try 'Ctrl-C' , 'Ctrl-V'.... Usually works in these situations. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
This sums up my experiences:

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time one of my work minions comes to me in need of a PW reset because they forgot theirs, I make it "dumbass1". They remember it then.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post