SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Don't roll up in my driveway...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't roll up in my driveway... Login/Join 
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
I was expalaining to a guy that was going to be coming around the house to talk about some work that I wanted done that it was very important that he let me know ahead of time that he was coming and to never show up at the property without prior arrangement. He sarcastically asked if I wa was going to come out with a winchester. I told him actually it would be a 12 guage but same principal.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called the Sheriff's Dept this morning after work. Spoke to a deputy who agreed with mine and most of our assessments of this guy. He's gonna roll through neighborhoods out my way, looking to id him and the car. It's a start.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
He did not stop at any other hoes in this end of the community. I was the only one and my garage door was up.

I think you told us too much about yourself and where you live.......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend is still waiting for them to come back and finish bondo-ing his car.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We get them all the time.

One of them bought an old van I had in the drive.

Others offer everything from housepainting to yard work.

I don't think it really matters if there's one way into the neighborhood or not. Free country. They can ask. They're looking for work, not a hand out. More power to them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
I was expalaining to a guy that was going to be coming around the house to talk about some work that I wanted done that it was very important that he let me know ahead of time that he was coming and to never show up at the property without prior arrangement. He sarcastically asked if I wa was going to come out with a winchester. I told him actually it would be a 12 guage but same principal.

Same thing I do here. When I had the siding quote done I was owb with my tee shirt tucked in at just one spot behind the holster. Thhe quote was good and nobody f’d around. I referred the same contractor out to a friend. Contractor asks how he got his info and he mentioned me. He tells my friend “That guy doesn’t play around, he carries a gun everywhere.” I do that and answer the door with the Mal barking loudly. If inside contractor work I keep the dog crate quite visible and let them know when they leave for lunch the alarm will be turned back on so don’t just enter when they come back, knock, or the Police will come. The k9 is of big help to thwart potential casing. In shape, gun, k9, alarm. It lets anyone on a crew know to pick a much easier target if they are criminally minded.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The phrase "would give you the shirt off his own back" probably originated w/ my elderly neighbor down the road.
He got broken into a couple yrs ago from someone pulling into his yard.

His driveway goes to the backyard where his garages is, but the scumbag knocked on the front door, expressing interest in buying the mini-van parked in the back.
So around to the back yard they went and while he was back there showing off the van, an accomplice snuck in the front door and stole his coin collection, among other things.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post