SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Please accept my apologies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please accept my apologies Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I apologize for my unnecessary COVID19 postings. I have embarrassed myself in front of my invisible internet friends.

I am 73 years old and diabetic. This virus could be deadly to me, and it causes me serious concern. More worrying to me, my wife is 76 and not in 100% good health. This could also me deadly to her. If I go, she will be really in trouble. I have to watch her like a hawk when she is in the kitchen.
She will put something on the stove on HIGH, then leave the kitchen and go do something else. She does remember to feed the dog.

My wife and I live alone, and can’t visit with our adult children. Our church is closed. My wife’s friends anr, like us, “sheltered in place”. I have no associates locally that I can reach out to. Our public shooting range is closed. All news is only about the COVID19 virus. Our local TV stations seem more interested in posting the new updated numbers of cases. I braved going to WalMart today just to get out of the house. I bought a pack of toilet paper that we didn’t need, just to do something.

I come to this place, SIGFORUM, for knowledge and to enjoy the many different subjects posted. Lately, it seems as if it has become more like BREAKING NEWS----COVID, COVID, COVID. I guess I allowed it to overcome me, but I am addicted to reading SIGFORUM. I should have just turned off my computer and forgot about it for awhile.

It has rained for 13 of the last 14 days, so getting outside and doing something has been damned near impossible.

There is no bread or bread products in any of the local markets.

SIGFORUM has been my refuge for almost 10 years.

Please accept my apology. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Please! As far as I am concerned, you have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for, my friend.

The whole country (world?) is going totally insane with the stupid panic.

Please try to relax.

I am well into the hermit mode, as I am 83, with a compromised immune system.

I'm kind of concerned, as my wife is a health care provider and she continues to see patients is a fairly small room all day. She is fanatical about hand washing etc., I just hope that she does not bring anything home.

I don't know whether you are a reader. I can't stand TV, but I have downloaded a bunch of books for my Kindle, that keeps me occupied.

If you don't have a Kindle device, there are free Kindle apps for your smartphone, for your tablet, and for your computer.

If you're an Amazon Prime member, there are a LOT of books that you can borrow from the Amazon library for free, you also get to "buy" a free book every month, and your public library probably participates in the on-line e-reader program.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn. No harm, no foul, and certainly nothing to apologize for.

I'm a septuagenarian as well and check 4 of the 5 "boxes" for medical conditions that enhance vulnerability to this Wuhan crap. Haven't been out of the house now in almost 2 weeks. Not stir crazy yet but still....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Isn't it against forum rules to double post? You've got an apology thread in the Lounge, too.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I realize isolation is hard, especial for extroverted people. We are a week into this and sometimes you have to just check out / chill out for awhile. Because...

People get so wrapped up in the drama, which is easy to do when news / data / drama is streamed 24/7/365.

So find something to do. I'm an introvert, so doing fuck-all is easy, but even so I painted a rifle this past week and traded an AR-15 to a buddy who needed one for a M9A3 - it was fun to get someone a rifle they wanted (and I really had built to loan him at some point) and get something new.

This shit is gonna be a MARATHON. Add into it the upcoming elections and shit, it has the making for one of those years. But don't let it.

Read a book, organize a room, sketch a picture. Do something to 'get away', even if it's only for a short time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Isn't it against forum rules to double post? You've got an apology thread in the Lounge, too.

Man cut the guy some slack will ya! Gesh!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Thanks for saying what I was thinking, although you were much more diplomatic than I would have been.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
We are past double posting, up to quad posting... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Thank you, my friend Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted in each thread in which I went off the rails. But your issue is noted for future reference.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:
Posted in each thread in which I went off the rails. But your issue is noted for future reference.
I believe that I speak for the majority here, you did not go off the rails.

You merely said what many of us, especially the older, at risk group, were thinking.

Please, please, pay no attention to somebody who grumbles when you are offering an apology, which wasn't even necessary in the first place.

Hang in there, try to be positive about this (although that isn't easy). We'll come through it OK.

Turn the damned TV off.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I realize isolation is hard, especial for extroverted people. We are a week into this and sometimes you have to just check out / chill out for awhile. Because...

People get so wrapped up in the drama, which is easy to do when news / data / drama is streamed 24/7/365.

So find something to do. I'm an introvert, so doing fuck-all is easy, but even so I painted a rifle this past week and traded an AR-15 to a buddy who needed one for a M9A3 - it was fun to get someone a rifle they wanted (and I really had built to loan him at some point) and get something new.

This shit is gonna be a MARATHON. Add into it the upcoming elections and shit, it has the making for one of those years. But don't let it.

Read a book, organize a room, sketch a picture. Do something to 'get away', even if it's only for a short time.

May be the longest post I've seen you make...and it's a dandy.

Although I fall into a couple risk categories, I'm not overly concerned about the virus outbreak, I'll take some basic precautions and then let the chips fall where they may...but I'm much more concerned about the over reaction by both people as well as elected leaders...not panicked mind you, not living and breathing this fear, but concerned enough to evaluate and take some basic precautions.

Today I read the Bible a bit (always do on Sundays), cleaned and organized a little, took a walk, then broke out a few thousand rounds to inspect and gage before loading a few mags while listening to both the Governor's and President's press conferences, and took a siesta.

Good post... if we ever meet I'll buy you a beer.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Johnny3eagles
Please try to relax We are all in this together some are taking it better than others ,
Try Cleaning and organizing your stash ,
Staying at home will help keep you safe,Heck I even have started a Online Shopping list from the Classified here and Gun Broker
I know in my local Some of the Churches are offering Grocery runs for the Greater Risk you might check into that ,
And I an just a Member here but you did NOT OFFEND me ( and it looks like other members feel the same way )

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
No apologies necessary. These are difficult times.
As previously noted, we are all in this together, and will eventually get through it. Try your best to relax, and focus on something more positive.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I for one am appalled by your behavior, and for your forcing me to think about the China Virus more than I should have. I shall await your shipment of at least one fully functional firearm, at which time we will be all squared. I do prefer 1911's, if you hadn't noticed.

Congrats on the toilet paper score, btw. Surely God still loves you if he allowed you to survive a trip to Wally world AND allowed you to get some TP. Double ply?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seriously?

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:
Seriously?
That's nothing new from him. He kind of makes a habit of that sort of thing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
hang in there Johnny!!! Praying for your household!!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Good Lord Johnny3eagles, certainly no apology needed in my books. I understand completely being one of those "at risk" folks. I called my primary care doc and need prescriptions, I can't even get folks to call back and constantly left on hold, I can't even make a Dr appt until June they tell me.

So the stressors can get to you. Something new each day. I'll add a prayer that things improve for you and your wife. Please know that you're not alone. We'll get tru this and you're in good company here.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
You need not say you are sorry. None of us shut American jobs down and crashed every working man's 401-K. This is the work of politicians drunk with new powers.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post