SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Police Chiefs Dressing Like 3rd World Dictators
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police Chiefs Dressing Like 3rd World Dictators Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Yeah, that makes sense if one is stupid enough to grab a cop. I’d just say shoot ‘em if they get that close. Of course, I’d be in jail in today’s world.

General Sam Browne.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
There’s a constable in a nearby county who goes in for the four stars and ribbons uniform. Somehow the Texas DPS with over 2800 troopers manages to get by with with a bird colonel running things.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I like how my state police rolls, this is the PA State Police Commissioner. The highest ranking officer in that force, and he only wears Colonel eagles.

No bling, no stars. Hell, the PSP don't even wear badges! They carry it in their wallet, supposedly was a carryover from the days of European Constabulary forces who also did not wear badges.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I like how my state police rolls, this is the PA State Police Commissioner. The highest ranking officer in that force, and he only wears Colonel eagles.

quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
Somehow the Texas DPS with over 2800 troopers manages to get by with with a bird colonel running things.

Same with the Arkansas State Police, which is also headed by a Colonel.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
Somehow the Texas DPS with over 2800 troopers manages to get by with with a bird colonel running things.

Same with the Arkansas State Police, which is also headed by a Colonel.

And IIRC, Virginia is the same way, too.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The RI uniforms are quick release, just in case you need to really go...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

New Jersey State Police?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Just sayin'...
Acevedo probably has the photo taped to his mirror as his uniform goal. He hasn't quite had the job 3 years but I'm betting he'll have enough medals (e.g. Distinguished PowerPoint Medal) by year 8.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

New Jersey State Police?

Close, but no. Nj has yellow pants stripes and yellow nj state police emblems on cap an shoulders.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Massachusetts State Police.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Mussolini's State Police? Big Grin

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
None of the police chiefs have big enough hats to be third world dictators, but they are working on it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Some of those uniforms look like they were designed before the current chiefs were born. They may have no choice about having to wear them.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Some of those uniforms look like they were designed before the current chiefs were born. They may have no choice about having to wear them.

They are the chief. They can wear whatever the hell they want.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
If you don't ride a motorcycle, you don't rate the boots.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
They’re an “essential” part of a chief’s 3rd world dictator or goose-step into Poland looks.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
MA,RI,NJ

All jackbooted thugs, I'm shocked.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

Police chiefs can wear a suit and tie. If they’re real leaders no one will think less of them.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
While I can’t find a decent pic to share, the Chief of Police of a suburb local to me typically wears the same standard patrol uniform and much of the same gear the line officers do. His one nod to style: ivory (or substitute) grips on his 1911 (carried in a duty holster; his department allows 1911s overall).

I’ve always gotten a chuckle at the Gestapo-styled togs on some of the assorted State-level organizations.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

Those look like cavalry boots, which wouldn't be any different than an officer/sheriff wearing cowboy boots out west.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post