SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Police Chiefs Dressing Like 3rd World Dictators
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Police Chiefs Dressing Like 3rd World Dictators Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
It's a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but I think Houston's police chief, Art Acevedo, is an ass clown so it annoyed me more than it should have.

Acevedo was on the news tonight dressed up in his 5-star chief's 3rd World Dictator starter kit. Apparently, he "earned" a 5th star since all of the pics I find on-line (including HPD's website) show him with 4 stars.

The US military branches have only had ten (10) 5-stars combined:
  • The US Army has only had five (5) 5-star generals. The last one was 1950 and the four (4) others were during World War II. Just a "tad" more responsibility than a police chief.
  • The US Navy has only had four (4) 5-star admirals. WWII is the only time in history there have been 5-star admirals. Just a "tad" more responsibility than a police chief.
  • The US Air Force has only had 1 and that was also Omar Bradley (I say also because he had 5-star rank in Army too).

    IMO, strutting around in 5-stars just reinforces Acevedo's ass clown status.

    This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,



    Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

    DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 18053 | Location: N. Houston, TX | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A Grateful American
    Picture of sigmonkey
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    It's a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but I think Houston's police chief, Art Acevedo, is an ass clown so it annoyed me more than it should have.

    Acevedo was on the news tonight dressed up in his 5-star chief's 3rd World Dictator starter kit. Apparently, he "earned" a 5th star since all of the pics I find on-line (including HPD's website) show him with 4 stars.

    The US military branches have only had ten (10) 5-stars combined:
  • The US Army has only had five (5) 5-star generals. The last one was 1950 and the four (4) others were during World War II. Just a "tad" more responsibility than a police chief.
  • The US Navy has only had four (4) 5-star admirals. WWII is the only time in history there have been 5-star admirals. Just a "tad" more responsibility than a police chief.
  • The US Air Force has only had 1 and that was also Omar Bradley (I say also because he had 5-star rank in Army too).

    IMO, strutting around in 5-stars just reinforces Acevedo's ass clown status.


  • Point of order. Hap Arnold, held 5 Star rank in both the USAAF and the USAF, and the only "General of the Air Force".

    (only to honor, not to correct)

    Yeah, it irks me to see ass clowns in their Halloween costumes.




    "the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
     
    Posts: 39496 | Location: fl | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    posted Hide Post
     
    Posts: 3774 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Constable
    posted Hide Post
    LOL! I saw the same thing a few weeks ago on the news, possibly the guy the OP if referring to. I thought he looked like a Mexican General.

    Less is more on Police/Sheriff uniforms I think.
     
    Posts: 6432 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    posted Hide Post
    All our captains and our Chief had Ike style "dress" uniforms. During contract negotiations, when the city whined about how poor they were and the cost of our uniform allowance, I made sure to to bring up the cost of these ridiculous uniforms and the fact I had never seen them worn in public.
    Including the hats with gold braid. Roll Eyes


    End of Earth: 2 Miles
    Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
     
    Posts: 8847 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    Clowns, all of them.

    Some of them look like the are about to invade Poland!



     
    Posts: 42829 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    Picture of Steve in PA
    posted Hide Post
    I've been active duty military (USMC) and just passed the 20 year mark in LE.....I can't stand that gestapo look. Especially those stupid crushed hats!


    quote:
    Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
    Clowns, all of them.

    Some of them look like the are about to invade Poland!





    Steve
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
     
    Posts: 3245 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Constable
    posted Hide Post
    Who are the guys in blue? Even for a dress uniform thats a ridiculous look.

    Ever see the Rhode Island SP, NJ is another one. Very antiquated uniforms that should have been modernized fifty years ago. Wool shirts! Wool coats , etc.
     
    Posts: 6432 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fighting the good fight
    Picture of RogueJSK
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by FN in MT:
    Who are the guys in blue? Even for a dress uniform thats a ridiculous look.


    Massachusetts State Police. (Neighbors to the aforementioned Rhode Island State Police.)

    Rhino's quip about invading Poland is a line from the movie "The Departed", where one (plainclothes detective) Massachusetts trooper states to another trooper: "You got a nice suit at home, or do you like coming to work everyday dressed like you're goin' to invade Poland?"
     
    Posts: 23136 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    posted Hide Post
    I've noticed recently that whenever some police chief is giving a press conference, no matter what the locality, they all have 4 stars on their collars. Who made these guys generals ?
     
    Posts: 1798 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Steve in PA:
    I've been active duty military (USMC) and just passed the 20 year mark in LE.....I can't stand that gestapo look. Especially those stupid crushed hats!


    quote:
    Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
    Clowns, all of them.

    Some of them look like the are about to invade Poland!




    Are these those "jack-booted thugs" George HW Bush was talking about years ago?
     
    Posts: 1798 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Constable
    posted Hide Post
    It seems some of these Agencies NEVER change uniforms, even as better options are invented.

    Couldn't imagine wearing long sleeve wool shirts in the humid east. Unless as you sweat them wet they are then somehow cooler?

    When I moved to MT I found it amusing that a simple cotton uniform shirt with a shoulder patch and badge, was IT for many Sheriff Departments, with blue jeans for pants. Same for the Fish & Game Wardens.

    Even dress uniforms are (generally) fairly simple. Though some Agencies inevitably go too Military or too far Cowboy. Cowboy boots and Stetsons are pretty common.

    I recall seeing A Rhode Island Trooper many years back at a cop function in NJ. Honest to God I thought he was some sort of entertainment or comedian...the uniform was THAT silly looking. Sorry RI.
     
    Posts: 6432 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    posted Hide Post
    The uni’s are fugly. The one jamoke looks like Benito Mussolini.

    Regular cop uniforms are fine. I think police bdu’s look fine also but those photos make the cops look goofy.
     
    Posts: 3410 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fighting the good fight
    Picture of RogueJSK
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by FN in MT:
    I recall seeing A Rhode Island Trooper many years back at a cop function in NJ. Honest to God I thought he was some sort of entertainment or comedian...the uniform was THAT silly looking. Sorry RI.


    Mounties.

    They look like Canadian Mounties.

    (See below. Mounties in Red. Rhode Island Troopers in Gray.)

     
    Posts: 23136 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    Silly sarcastic me, I’d probably ask if he was trying out for the Village People. YMCA! Roll Eyes
     
    Posts: 8008 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    Picture of spunk639
    posted Hide Post
    There is a letter in the State Police Museum from Chancellor Adolph Hitler to the Col. Of the Mass State Police thanking the MSP for uniform samples. Certain Nazi uniforms were based on MSP, that's where the reference in the Departed is based on.
     
    Posts: 1274 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    Picture of 2BobTanner
    posted Hide Post
    That little Canadian Mountie in the front row looks like a real cutie.


    ---------------------
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain
     
    Posts: 1734 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post


    Just sayin'...



    "If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

    "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
     
    Posts: 5970 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Member
    posted Hide Post
    The Sam Brown belts on the Troopers looks good and sturdy, nice buckle.
     
    Posts: 3410 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Freethinker
    Picture of sigfreund
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by recoatlift:
    The Sam Brown belts on the Troopers looks good and sturdy, nice buckle.


    When Sam Browne belts were more common on police uniforms, they were often referred to as “suicide belts” because of their liability in a hands-on fight. Perhaps they are made to break away now—?




    “I can’t give you brains, but I can give you a diploma.”
    — The Wizard of Oz
     
    Posts: 40004 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
      Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
     

    SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Police Chiefs Dressing Like 3rd World Dictators

    © SIGforum 2019