SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mortgage Company account hacked..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mortgage Company account hacked.. Login/Join 
posted
And, now the fun begins... /sarcasm.

I bought a new house last summer and my mortgage passed to three companies since that time. Stearns of Virginia Beach was the second firm and did well but sold the account to Flagstar Bank of Dallas Texas. A firm that hires high school drop outs, IMO.

Flagstar Bank files got hacked in January and now, two months later, informs home owners of the problem. Flagstar sends me to a free account Monitoring Service, Kroll. I phone them and get a service rep who's using what sounds like a cheap Walmart headset. Every third word sounds distorted. The account set up doesn't work and when I phone Kroll, the wait time is 20 minutes, or so.

Meanwhile, I have to put a freeze on my credit files.

What fresh hell do I have to visit, now?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Make sure your mortgage is getting paid and, your name is still on the deed to the house. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post