SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How many purses does a woman need?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many purses does a woman need? Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
Do they really need a new purse for every special event? I guess the other 6 purchased within the last 2 years, are no longer serviceable??
WTH!!!

I have been carrying the same wallet for over 5 years. I guess it's a good thing she does not look in the safe or my argument would fall very short.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
How many purses does a woman need? One more than she has.

How much land does a farmer need? Just what borders me.

Etc.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many purses does a woman need?
How many SIGs do I need?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
How many SIGs do I need?

Yup. I'm not asking any questions.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There needs to be a purse liner: something that holds the junk, and can be transferred from purse to purse to purse, avoiding the dreaded "I left my tampons/keys/pistol in my other purse" crisis.

And it's called a "clutch" for a reason. You bought it, you clutch it. Don't expect me to hold it while your balancing a glass of wine and a snack plate.

I'd guess the purse equation would read X = (Y + 1), where X is her purses and Y is my guns.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
How many SIGs do I need?

I wish I had as many Sigs as my wife has purses and bags.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I may have more old billfolds than my wife has purses. Does that count?

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
As with many things, I believe n+1 applies here.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
As with many things, I believe n+1 applies here.
Sometimes it's n-1. As in, "how many beers are in the refrigerator?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Guess it depends on the woman? I have maybe 3. One isn’t technically a purse as it’s a fanny pack for summer use. One I just got to replace my peeling, aging, starting to look decrepit everyday use one. And, one for more dressy occasions. (But since I don’t normally dress up, it’s gonna be the everyday one, which I like a lot! Lol ).
And, no, I don’t have a shoe fetish either.
Now, Sigs, on the other hand, or rifles, can’t have too many... Big Grin

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should match her shoes.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I buy my own purses with my own money, so the answer to how many is: as many as I damn well please. More importantly, the answer to how many guns does my husband need to buy with his money is: as many has he damn well pleases...plus anything that might catch my fancy. Wink

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never question the number of purses my wife has acquired.
I expect the same consideration regarding my holster collection.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
If you're smart, as many as she wants.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My wife is a member here I will let her answer that.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I can't decide if the fact that I carry ammo cans or tool bags instead of purses makes me more or less likely to be a mugging target.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
There needs to be a purse liner: something that holds the junk, and can be transferred from purse to purse to purse, avoiding the dreaded "I left my tampons/keys/pistol in my other purse" crisis.

Something like this exists. I don't remember what it's called, but there is a basic black part with different sections and pockets for all the stuff, then different exteriors can be swapped and are held on with magnets.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
How many watches can a man wear at once?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truck71 knows if he answers he'll have to fess up to his holster collection. He has one for every type of outfit. Big Grin

I am the first to admit - I may need a 12 step purse program. But there are different purses for different needs.

Right now hanging off my kitchen chair is a tiny cross body for going to the theme parks, a small one to take to work so I can lock it in a drawer at my desk, and a Large CCW purse that can hold anything I need it to including my protection.

I have numerous conceal purses different styles and sizes and colors. Sometimes it just depends on your mood, or your outfit or the weather (hate getting my good leather ones wet). DH used to work for a gun store and I would help order all the purses they sold (actually I still do the orders) and he always gave me a great price when I wanted one. I also love Coronado Leather - and will actually sell them to help pay for new ones (well... sometimes I do)

And there could be worse things to buy.... She could have a Rolex addiction. Wink

And P.S. I have more guns than he does. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Bonnie

Posts: 21 | Location: Central FL South of the Mouse | Registered: July 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:

Those purse organizers are great. I used to use one all the time until it fell apart. Now I have a couple zipper cosmetic bags I just switch those over.
Something like this exists. I don't remember what it's called, but there is a basic black part with different sections and pockets for all the stuff, then different exteriors can be swapped and are held on with magnets.

Bonnie

Posts: 21 | Location: Central FL South of the Mouse | Registered: July 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post