SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How many purses does a woman need?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many purses does a woman need? Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Are the purses $2,000 or more each? If not, consider yourself lucky.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of them plus some more?

I don’t question purses. She doesn’t question my stuff.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t question her purse or birkenstock collection and she doesn’t ask me about the items in my safe.

Plus, we each get a small stipend every month for 'fun money' and the policy in place is that we can buy whatever we want so long as it comes out of the accounts we use for those purposes and no questions are asked.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Need? Probably countable.

Right to have? That's protected by the 33rd Amendment.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It's a trap!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
I buy my own purses with my own money, so the answer to how many is: as many as I damn well please. More importantly, the answer to how many guns does my husband need to buy with his money is: as many has he damn well pleases...plus anything that might catch my fancy. Wink

Winner!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
I can't decide if the fact that I carry ammo cans or tool bags instead of purses makes me more or less likely to be a mugging target.

My wife was The target of a mugger. Guy ran up, pushed her and tried to grab her rolling bag.
The bag held her brushes. She’s an artist. There was no way she’d let go.
Her purse had slipped off, she grabbed the strap and swung, among other things, she had two cans of soda in the purse.
The guy hit the pavement out cold. My wife’s friend jumped in and began jumping up and down on the body.
She had just pulled her friend off when the police arrived. They were most apologetic that this happened in their city. Then they looked at the criminal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Icabod,

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
As with many things, I believe n+1 applies here.

Like motorcycles and guns!

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one of my shoe customers , in L.A. had an addition put on the house for JUST ! her handbags.

She was agoraphobic , in 7 years she only came in to the store three times ,

I must have sold her $8,000 worth of shoes and another $6,000 worth of hand bags.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Purses, to many women, are part of a clothing "system" in that they must color-coordinate with each other. Remember the scene in The Fly (1986) where Jeff Goldblum's character had seven identical outfits? Big Grin Women - and few men outside of that movie - don't do that.

Posts: 27915 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
one of my shoe customers , in L.A. had an addition put on the house for JUST ! her handbags.

She was agoraphobic , in 7 years she only came in to the store three times ,

I must have sold her $8,000 worth of shoes and another $6,000 worth of hand bags.

Okay, I will never complain again!!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
I think the answer to your question is the same answer to the question... "how many guns do you need"

Just one more.

People have different needs is all.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found with my wife, it's kinda the "don't ask, don't tell" approach.

I don't ask about her purses or shoes, and she doesn't ask me about my guns.

Occasionally I'm smart and say "Oh, that looks nice" followed by a hug & kiss Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I pretty sure my fiancée has more guns than purses, I rarely see her carry one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5. 3 I do not use often. (A cross body, travel type that I use on cruises, a nice leather 1 that is perfect for job interviews as you can neatly fit full sheets of paper in it without crumpling them, & 1 that my Dad bought me during 1 of my fitness competitions) Then I have 2 nice, leather HOBO brand purses that I originally got because we sell that brand at my work & it's nice for customers see you use the products you sell. Main requirement for a purse for me is that it must fit in the saddlebag of my motorcycle.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
I buy my own purses with my own money, so the answer to how many is: as many as I damn well please. More importantly, the answer to how many guns does my husband need to buy with his money is: as many has he damn well pleases...plus anything that might catch my fancy. Wink

I wanted to say something funny, but I could not. The sheer awesomeness of your post blew my small mind. They should probably teach that in those marriage classes the church makes you take.

Posts: 4576 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Need” doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

-bendable

this was in the mid 80's

By today's standards that amount is close to being a standard.

2 grand for shoes and another 2 grand for the bag is pretty common place

My experience was while at Nordstrom,
keep in mind that in L.A. ,

there are three dozen shoe/handbag stores.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
Larry Potterfield: "At least one more."

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
I guess the other 6 purchased within the last 2 years, are no longer serviceable??
WTH!!!

Six in two years? Pfffffttt. Mine probably tripled that. She also just bought a mantle clock that holds a gun, on her own, just because. I do love that woman. Oh, and this is all her money.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post