SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How many purses does a woman need?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many purses does a woman need? Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
At least one more.

Posts: 3656 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Do they really need a new purse for every special event? I guess the other 6 purchased within the last 2 years, are no longer serviceable??
WTH!!!

I have been carrying the same wallet for over 5 years. I guess it's a good thing she does not look in the safe or my argument would fall very short.

Are you complaining about your wife, girlfriend, or mistress?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I asked my wife that once.

She's now my EX-wife.

(Honestly, she didn't complain about my guns and I didn't complain about her handbags.... I had no clue how much they were worth until my legal secretary saw the picture)

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Are those real? Or fakes? If real, seems like you could’ve bought at least a new Camry ...

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
They're real. My ex was an IP lawyer at Morgan Lewis at the time. I was actually surprised how expensive they were.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess it's a good thing she does not look in the safe or my argument would fall very short.

It seems that you answered your own question. With my wife it's been with her shoes. I learned a LONG TIME AGO not to question, because there will always be repercussions as a result.

quote:
As with many things, I believe n+1 applies here.

If only I could do that with Porsches. I tried once; that did NOT go well...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Replacement Tommel:
They're real. My ex was an IP lawyer at Morgan Lewis at the time. I was actually surprised how expensive they were.

-Tom

Wow. Well, I guess it's just perspective. To me, that means a car (ie - significant portion of disposable income spanning multiple years). Smile

But to others, it could be insignificant portions of daily disposable income. Smile

What catches my eye is not the number of bags but the prominence of branding (ie - LV monogram lines vs their Epi line). If I could afford stuff like that, I'd probably prefer the more subtle Epi line.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
This one.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Main requirement for a purse for me is that it must fit in the saddlebag of my motorcycle.

I don't know you, but I'm sure I like you. Big Grin

And the right answer - obviously - is "however many she damn well thinks she needs."

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
I have none. I do not carry one with me, but leave it in the vehicle. I use a husky tool bag from Home Depot but my husband calls it my purse, and usually comments something to the effect of "what in the hell do you all have in here?" Hey, if you need it, I might have it! He has been surprised a few times when I DO actually have what items he might need--usually out in the boat (scissors, first aid stuff, tweezers, bar soap, clippers, sunscreen, bug spray, etc) Smile

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t care as long as she doesn’t bitch about my buying habits ( guns, fishing stuff, etc) she will get no bitching from me about purses, shoes, clothes, etc.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Don't know don't care, it's her money.....as long as I don't have to move it or build it I do not complain.

Nor does she when I get boxes or crates of "stuff"

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Replacement Tommel:

-Tom

It is a real racket. Those big name logos are really expensive.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
There is a formula: She gets one purse for every rifle and one pair of shoes to every handgun you own.
You can substitute a case (1K rounds) for either weapon type.
Shotguns, suppressors and knives are exempt - anything goes.
This is the true Cold War, be careful.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
So, after much soul searching and thorough review of all of the above comments, as well as comments in the Dennis M discussion, I made my wife of 30 years march directly to the mall and buy another Michael Kors purse.

I believe the reply "Yes Dear" might have came from yours truly at some point.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you really want to get dizzy ,
go to youtube and search handbag collection

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
if you really want to get dizzy ,
go to youtube and search handbag collection

Better yet, search “unboxing purse.” Videos of wimmen unboxing their new designer handbags. It’s like watching men unbox new guns, only with a lot less squealing. Big Grin

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and had an agreement when we got married. I would not tell her that she had too many bags and shoes and she would not tell me that I had too many guns. While I don't flaunt what I buy, I recently had to give my 3 sons each guns because my safe was full. I had already removed my shelves for more room for my rifles, but soon, that was not enough either. I know what we agreed on, but I did not want to tell her I needed a bigger safe. My kids are going to end up with my guns anyway someday so we all come away happy. They get guns, I get new guns, and the wife continues to do her shoe and purse thing. All happy. Yep.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
How many watches can a man wear at once?

Depends on how many Germans I've killed that day.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
I buy my own purses with my own money, so the answer to how many is: as many as I damn well please. More importantly, the answer to how many guns does my husband need to buy with his money is: as many has he damn well pleases...plus anything that might catch my fancy. Wink

I wanted to say something funny, but I could not. The sheer awesomeness of your post blew my small mind. They should probably teach that in those marriage classes the church makes you take.

+1

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post