SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Well...I guess its finally the Christmas season...I accidentally heard my most hated Christmas song...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well...I guess its finally the Christmas season...I accidentally heard my most hated Christmas song... Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Personally I'd be good if that brat never got her two front teeth.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'll be Home for Christmas"

It was like a taunt every time I heard it for the four years I couldn't be Home for Christmas.

Still twists a nerve every time I hear it.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Drummer Boy. I hate that sappy pablum. Pa rum pa pa rum . . . There were no drummer boys in the Levant 2000 years ago. And a drum solo is a shit present.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
"I'll be Home for Christmas"

It was like a taunt every time I heard it for the four years I couldn't be Home for Christmas.

Still twists a nerve every time I hear it.

I can sympathize. Bing Crosby's classic "White Christmas" was nearly banned from being played for our overseas troops during WWII, because it was thought to be too depressing. In fact, it had nearly the opposite effect on them, and was considered among the greatest songs written during that period.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mK77rxuXK5s

Who can forget this gems memorable lyrics?

quote:
I hope he won't forget to clack his castinet,
And to his reindeer, say,
Oh! Pancho, Oh! Vixen, Oh! Pedro, Oh! Blitzen,
Ole! Ole! Ole! cha cha cha.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McCartney, Twelve Days of Christmas and Little Drummer Boy, in that order.
Best is probably The Christmas Song written by Mel Torme and sung by Nat King Cole. My favorite hymn is Oh Holy Night. Always gives me chills.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Another vote for (against?) the Christmas Shoes song, with the dominique the donkey coming in a strong second. Anything sung by a former Beatle is a tie for 3rd.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
No hate votes for Porky Pig and Blue Christmas?

One year when I left for work at about 6:30 AM I put Porky's Blue Christmas on repeat on an old console stereo system we had... My wife was still asleep. She didn't know anything at all about the system but when I got home it was pulled away from the wall and unplugged.

I always wanted to ask her how long she listened to it, but I didn't want to push my luck LOL!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
I like em all.

Cheap Trick even put out a Christmas album this year, though their cover of Father Christmas isn’t nearly as good as the Kinks.

I may go listen to it now.

That's kid stuff.

"Can you honestly tell me you forgot? Forgot the magnetism of Robin Zander, or the charisma of Rick Nielsen?" Mike Damone

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m starting to hate songs that are pop-ish or materialistic or otherwise not really in the spirit of Christmas.

Silent Night okay. O come all ye faithful okay. Mommy kissing Santa not. Frosty the snowman not. Santa baby not.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
well, BAH! HUMBUG!

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post