SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Well...I guess its finally the Christmas season...I accidentally heard my most hated Christmas song...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well...I guess its finally the Christmas season...I accidentally heard my most hated Christmas song... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
" Bells will be ringing " and " Blue Christmas " make me want to puke . For some reason " Handel's Messiah " gives me a warm fuzzy .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Y'all are a bunch of amateurs. My Mom used to insist on playing Star Wars Christmas in the Stars while decorating the Christmas tree.

All 8 songs are bad (very, very bad) but this song should be banned by the Geneva Convention:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/OSWCQ7ALEms

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Want to rock your Christmas?
Trans.
Siberian.
Orchestra.

Yes. Or Mannheim Steamroller.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Q: What is Slick Willie's favorite Christmas carole?
A: Come All Ye Faithful.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
Sorry, but that's not the worst Christmas song. The worst Christmas song is the Christmas Shoes song. It is horrible, wretched and torturous to the ears and the spirit.

A montage of veterinarians telling little kids they just couldn't save their puppy would be more festive than that pile of shit. Whoever wrote Christmas Shoes ought to be beaten with a sack of oranges. Also more festive than Christmas Shoes.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
Sorry, but that's not the worst Christmas song. The worst Christmas song is the Christmas Shoes song. It is horrible, wretched and torturous to the ears and the spirit.

A montage of veterinarians telling little kids they just couldn't save their puppy would be more festive than that pile of shit. Whoever wrote Christmas Shoes ought to be beaten with a sack of oranges. Also more festive than Christmas Shoes.

I remember your comments about that song from a few years back...I had never heard it before until I looked it up on the YouTubes...yep, that song is so depressing it should come with a bottle of rum and a pack of single blade razor blades Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Christmas music blaring over the speakers.

But at least back then, it wasn't October

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I enjoy many of them, on Christmas Eve and Day. Beyond that I don't want to hear it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
"Dominick The Donkey" by Lou Monte gets my vote. My previous employer played XM Christmas music from the day that channel was activated. Only so many times a day over ten hours a person should be forced to listen to that. Nine years of it five or six days a week....

The guy in shipping and receiving has his desk directly in front of the speaker. It's amazing how foam rubber and duct tape can silence a hard wired thru conduit speaker.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started working in retail pharmacy shortly after I turned 16 (delivery, stock boy, general,flunky) til I retired (pharmacist) so I was exposed to all manner of Christmas music beginning right after Thanksgiving til they decided to stop playing after Christmas EVERY DAMN year. Therefore I hate Christmas music!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard this once long ago, and has become my favorite version of this song:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
John Lennon So This is Christmas. I cannot change the radio fast enough.

This one! Lennon singing a Christmas song - gag.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Come December a co-worker will play "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." I can't wait.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Want to rock your Christmas?
Trans.
Siberian.
Orchestra.

Ugh. Was taken to a concert by my sister and her family. I'll never forgive them.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is terrible.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Come December a co-worker will play "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." I can't wait.

Most anything sung by a kid sucks.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Dominick the Donkey as worst Xmas song ever... the intermittent braying is just twisting the aural knife.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KenS:
If it isn't sung by Burl Ives or Bing Crosby, it isn't Christmas music.

Ken

Don't forget Brenda Lee

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
You guys have nailed most of my top ten awful Christmas tunes already. The donkey thing, the hippo thing, baby it's cold outside, Santa baby, that McCartney travesty....

But you left out Bruce Springsteen's pant-crapping "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." Ick.

Posts: 965 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquilon:
You guys have nailed most of my top ten awful Christmas tunes already. The donkey thing, the hippo thing, baby it's cold outside, Santa baby, that McCartney travesty....

But you left out Bruce Springsteen's pant-crapping "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." Ick.

Help us out, please evaluate this one. Rapping in german to the tune of Jingle Bells about ganja smoking Santa...

https://youtu.be/XrT8BwSaEnc

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post