SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Well...I guess its finally the Christmas season...I accidentally heard my most hated Christmas song...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well...I guess its finally the Christmas season...I accidentally heard my most hated Christmas song... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...by accidentally I mean that 90% of my music listening is from music I download on my iPod...
While hooking up the iPod to my truck's radio aux...the radio was on a local FM station that plays Christmas music 24/7 after Thanksgiving...and I was treated to...

Paul McCartney's "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time"...

It was just a few verses...but it was enough...I HATE that song...

Worst Christmas song ever!

Now it's stuck in my head Mad

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worst Christmas song, IMO: "Oh Holy Night", Charlie Pride.

He sounds like he was drunk.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sure you were going to post John Lennon So This is Christmas. I cannot change the radio fast enough. One chord is too much.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
100% so far. I add 'Santa Baby' by anyone really, but Earth Kitt comes to mind first. makes me want to kick an elf!

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Hate Christmas music. Every frikin ' store is playing it. Might as well have a chorus singing BUY. BUY. BUY!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Christmas music... on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Before and after that, nope.

I don't sing "happy birthday" to someone for the month leading up to their birthday, even if they are the Boss' kid.

I also like the older traditional carols; even something as "recent" as White Christmas seems commercialized and unpleasant to me. McCartney and Lennon are right out.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Way back in time I worked at Montgomery Wards and JC Penney. Christmas music blaring over the speakers. Probably why I hate Christmas music. Maybe why I dislike the season.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it isn't sung by Burl Ives or Bing Crosby, it isn't Christmas music.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like em all.

Cheap Trick even put out a Christmas album this year, though their cover of Father Christmas isn’t nearly as good as the Kinks.

I may go listen to it now.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
No hate votes for Porky Pig and Blue Christmas?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
I could barely stand Christmas music BEFORE 2012. Now I disdain it. I try to avoid it at ALL cost.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but that's not the worst Christmas song. The worst Christmas song is the Christmas Shoes song. It is horrible, wretched and torturous to the ears and the spirit.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

You don't know nothing from hating...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Also Felice naveda yuck

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. I’ll give it a 7.5 for the dancable beat but give it a -12.5 for the subject matter. Wow, that was bad.

Almost as bad as the Paul McCartney song.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
My wife absolutely hates Last Christmas by Wham! because I sing it every time it comes on. Yes, I butcher it bad.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas!

https://youtu.be/qTx-sdR6Yzk

Watch it, you'll enjoy it.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
How about the chipmunks Christmas song?

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
IMO, there hasn't been a Christmas song made since about 1960 that is decent enough to listen to.

One possible exception could be made for David Bowie and Bing Crosby's Little Drummer Boy, but only because it's Bing Crosby.

I stick with the classics. There's no reason to change.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want to rock your Christmas?
Trans.
Siberian.
Orchestra.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post