SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I am sooo tired of Plague World and Riot Town and The Hall Of Politics....etc.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am sooo tired of Plague World and Riot Town and The Hall Of Politics....etc. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
All this nonstop bullshit is taking a toll. I am starting to lose sight of the VAST AMOUNT OF GOOD in front and around me.

I am ready to leave this amusement park so to speak.

I get it Plague World is somewhere between a cough and Horseman On The White Horse.
I get it that Riot Town is actually far more localized and frankly hurting those it would purport to help far more then anybody else.
I get it that politicians and the process has and will likely always suck.
I am tired of feeling physically shitty, I am too young too feel this way.
I am soooooo fucking tired of #cancel this or that. I get it, no fun will be tolerated.
I am exhausted with inclusion.......except for me or you....we can literally burn in hell.

The problem I am having is that all this bullshit is making me forget or lose sight of the vast amount of blessings the good Lord has seen fit to provide me with. I’ll be honest I am getting tired.

That said I will Ranger up and move the fuck forward as I know that it s the only way through, but I am tired.....so eat a dick 2020.

“Encumbered by idjits, we press on.”

Now pass the Tylenol and the whiskey.

Sorry I am extra “ranty” or possibly hangry today. I did eat a Snickers though and all that did was give me the energy to be extra pissed off. Frown

Can’t we go back to treating everybody the same....just like shit.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
And I swear to all that is Holy if I hear one more time “gunz are bad m’kay” but fucking rioting, looting, burning, assaulting and murdering is just the “voice of the unheard” Ima literally lose my shit!

Christ I can’t drive in the carpool lane without a ticket but hell, apparently I can burn city hall down as long as I am just venting my frustrations. Have I mentioned eat a dick 2020.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With ya all the way...

It's a nice refreshing sight to actually see someone's face in a store anymore.

Hopefully after Trump knocks it out of the park in Nov, things will slowly get back to some normalcy.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Preach it!!

I have had a very short fuse for months now, that's not me. Tired of this nonsense

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I was BORN with a short fuse. The last 6 months or so hasn't improved my outlook any.

It's a Very Good Thing that I live way out in the sticks where most, if not all, of this shit is happening Far Away.

If I had to deal with it up close and personal, I'd have lost my shit looooong ago.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Early this year I said this would be the year of the lost summer. Revised to the lost year.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I'm with you. My island paradise is a half hour ferry ride from Seattle and the smug here is as thick as the smoke.

Pestilence, Riot, Smoke, petty tyrant governor has us mostly locked down, and I've got Slo-Joe and the Ho signs intermingled with the burn-loot-murder tongue baths on my street.

But I'm not sick, I'm stacked high and deep and neither I nor any of my friends and family in WA and OR are sick or on fire. It rocks to be me. Big Grin

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm with ya, sir. Even here in our podunk little town, it gets to you. I'm sick of having to wear as mask all the time at work, when I know it's not doing shit to protect me. They're uncomfortable, they fog up my glasses, make it hard to smell weed or alcohol on traffic stops, and are generally a pita.

I'm also sick of having people accuse me and my co-workers of being racist and refuse to cooperate even in simple matters simply because it's the thing to do now (however, 95% of the ones who do that are the same shitheads we've always had problems with...most of them white...they're just using this as an excuse to not comply). I don't like the attitude that some have developed, thinking that since they're a minority they can disregard laws as they choose, and if we catch them doing it, we're "harassing them" because they're a minority and we're racist. And what I REALLY don't like is the large portion of our local minority population who we are there to serve, who now look at us with suspicion and distrust because of what they've seen on the news.

That said, I have been reminded lately of the many good people in our community who really do appreciate us being out there. A guy rolled down his window at a stoplight the other day and thanked me for my service. An older lady on a bike flagged me down, thanked me for doing my job, held my hand and prayed for me. I drove by a Trump rally the other day on duty, and a bunch of people thanked me for my service. We had a few protests in town early on, thankfully all peaceful, but we had numerous people come up to us and as how they could help. The other night we were chasing a guy through a trailer park, and one of the residents pointed to where he went. After we caught him, the same guy came out, thanked us, and offered us bottles of water. I really think the majority of folks are fed up with this crap and want law and order...we just don't get to hear from them as mich because we spend most of our time interacting with the criminals, and the news media gives the protestors all the airtime.

I've also found a good way to cope is to just get away from it all. The mind needs a break.We took some trips out west this year and camped...no cell service, no media, no masks...just the great outdoors. Our church did a camping trip at a local campground recently and we enjoyed getting out and doing that. I spend a lot of time outdoors shooting, or on the boat fishing with my kids. I stay off the news as much as possible, and only go out to stores when I have to (we have a big garden this year, and we've been doing a lot of shopping at the local amish places that haven't bought into the covidiocy). Fall bonfire weather is coming, I've got another backpacking trip with my brothers planed for the beginning of the month, and deer season is just around the corner...there's a lot to be thankful for Smile.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Everybody knows that they'll get Covids unless they are 12 feet apart and wearing two masks...

Unless they happen to be looting a CVS or burning a church.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm with you guys. I nearly posted the same thread yesterday, with pretty much all the same points and everything but the whiskey.

I posted this January 14th. I didn't realize then what an understatement it would be:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I know how you feel. But pace yourself, watch your blood pressure, and strap in, because we’re in for a wild ride over the next few years. That much is assured.

That was in reply to "When I thought it could not get any worse, my rage continues to build..."

We likely haven't seen the worst of it yet. That will come after the election, and when 2020 ends, 2021 will begin and it will not be a fresh start, it will just be another day. But this, too, shall pass.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Try leaving the TV off for a day or two and see if that makes a difference. I live in a small town and the only way that stuff gets in is through the media. Yea, we have the mask mandate and I disregard that and haven't had the first Karen approach me here. Peace brother.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Try leaving the TV off for a day or two and see if that makes a difference. I live in a small town and the only way that stuff gets in is through the media. Yea, we have the mask mandate and I disregard that and haven't had the first Karen approach me here. Peace brother.

I am in a fairly small town as well. It’s not that I have a huge amount of issues to deal with I just want to return to some kind of subset of normal.

I generally only read news etc. about once a week just to make sure it’s all still shitty. I always joke to my wife when I see her watching or reading the news I will ask in passing. “Still shitty?” She will reply with yup and I will smile and go on my way.

posted Hide Post
My sentiments exactly.
However, I have been trying to not let it get to me, but my wife told me twice last week that I went from zero mad as hell in a second. So, I need to try harder. Oh, by the way, it was not that I was angry at her.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Rant rating: 10.0

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This year is having a negative effect on everyone and everyone's done with 2020.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I feel you. Have faith that this year is going to end on a super high note, and the New Year will be quite happy for all of us.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I’m in the same boat. I hate the cancel politics/culture from over-sensitive douchebags who seek ways to be offended. I’m tired of the press who lie and push fear.

I’m tired of the politicians on both sides of the aisle.

I’m really tired of the loud ignorant masses who keep saying “our democracy is at risk”...and don’t understand we are not a democracy.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I've found that a "news diet" really helps. When the covidiocy started, we went to teleworking, so I'd have the radio on in the background, usually tuned to talk radio. It made me "mad as hell". So I went to KBCO (on I Heart Radio - I lived in Denver for 25 years, and I really like that station, even though it's out of Boulder), and it has helped quite a bit.

Fortunately, I have not been besieged by Karens, despite my refusal to wear a mask unless absolutely necessary. This has been while flying (only on the plane, not in the terminals), at work (when around other people), and at the bank this weekend (needed to have something notarized, so had to go in). Even though I seem to be a "one percenter" that doesn't wear a mask, I've been treated respectfully.

Hang in there!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Now it’s the morning after the shitshow presidential debate which I couldn’t make myself watch after the first 15 minutes. I love Trump, I’m convinced the survival of Western civilization depends on his winning, but I am afraid he didn’t help himself last night.

That just adds to the growing feeling of dread about what’s happening to our country, and what does that mean for our kids and our two beautiful granddaughters?

Yet my son has recently come out of the hospital from an event that could well have been fatal; he is making spectacular progress, has had great medical care, and he is totally cooperating with everything needed to make him better.

Oh. I think I just talked myself out of my slump.
Thanks, guys!

Turns out we’re really blessed.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
You're not alone, I got RIF'ed 2 months ago so not much to do beyond listening to the daily doses of doom.

Oh and to get ready for the possible spiciness, working out, upgrading kit....funny my MIL saw the pile of kit near my working chair and asked my wife if I was deploying Big Grin

This year started great, had an awesome vacation and has gone down hill since.

Positive part is at least I am home and not on the road.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post