SIGforum
Alpine World Championships advertising

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9010086974

February 16, 2021, 08:40 AM
pbslinger
Alpine World Championships advertising
Its on NBCSN, they are putting short text advertising lines in the middle of the screen. Every time they do it I'm done. Some sports it may not be so bothersome, but it is watching snow skiing. Never seen advertising like this before and it is likely a trend. I changed the channel during the live finals of parallel slalom this morning.
February 18, 2021, 06:34 AM
rsbolo
Advertising is becoming overwhelmingly intrusive and has diminished my enjoyment of the few (very few) things I want to watch on television.

Several streaming platforms have gone this direction as well.

Fortunately, with the time I used to give electronic entertainment I am finding great satisfaction in using to be productive.

February 18, 2021, 08:47 PM
Sunset_Va
And the network banners are getting worse too. I remember the years before networks had to intrude each and every screen .

美しい犬
February 19, 2021, 03:31 PM
lkdr1989
I'm guessing Ad revenue is down, less viewers? Companies are cutting the amount they're advertising and/or media companies are having to sell more Ad time.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
February 20, 2021, 04:22 AM
pbslinger
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Its on NBCSN, they are putting short text advertising lines in the middle of the screen. Every time they do it I'm done. Some sports it may not be so bothersome, but it is watching snow skiing. Never seen advertising like this before and it is likely a trend. I changed the channel during the live finals of parallel slalom this morning.

In fairness, I've been watching not on my television, but streamed through my cable system website. I don't know which layer of broadcasting is adding the ads. I was watching America's cup racing and got the same one line text advert right in the middle of the screen, I closed the stream and re entered and the ad was gone.