SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Black Wheels
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Wheels Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Black wheels often remind me of a neighbor that always mowed his lawn wearing shorts and black socks. It usually just looks goofy.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Black wheels often remind me of a neighbor that always mowed his lawn wearing shorts and black socks. It usually just looks goofy.

Cool

I think some black wheels look great.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a 2019 Honda Passport that came stock with gloss black wheels. I have a hard time buying aftermarket wheels but these are pretty obnoxious.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Overplayed and played out IMHO, but I wasn't a fan in the beginning either......

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Not a fan either. They always look dirty.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
Stay away from powder coat chrome.... Or dont ever spray brake dust cleaner on them.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
They sho was pretty for a min.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
For something different... check out hydrodipping.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stay away from powder coat chrome.... Or dont ever spray brake dust cleaner on them.

Those are no different than painted wheels on so many cars now. Did wheel cleaner for painted wheels do all that, or did you use some for chrome?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

Those are no different than painted wheels on so many cars now. Did wheel cleaner for painted wheels do all that, or did you use some for chrome?

You musta used an acid cleaner, a no no

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
As the new owner of this beauty, I gotta go with a hard disagree.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends, some vehicles look better with chrome wheels some dont. Trucks and SUVs with a lift look better with black wheels. It gives them a more off road, utilitarian look. Trucks with 20in shiny chrome rims look like a cowboy Cadillac to me.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like 'em, but I liked them way before it was a fad. Like Bassamatic, I have a silver truck and black wheels would help rugged-ize the look a bit.

That said, I'll probably go with a black and gunmetal grey look when I finally upgrade the rims and tires.

I also think copper colored rims look fantastic on just about anything, especially green vehicles.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Everyone else at work with pickups are wanting to switch to black wheels. Must be a generational thing.

Factory (sold the wheels and tires) (18s)

My all black winter setup. I like the look. (17s)

My current summer setup (19s)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Love them. When I wash them, dry them, I coat them with wheel protectant. Easiest things to maintain ever. I hate chrome wheels.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I wash them, dry them, I coat them with wheel protectant. Easiest things to maintain ever

Doesn't sound that easy to me. Looking good though

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

I snagged a spare set of wheels cheap when I first bought the Camara a few years back. They had some finish defects so had a friend powder coat them. I had chosen what I thought was a MUCH darker, grey. Tough to ascertain color differences from a sample the size of a business card. Anyway they turned out much lighter than I expected.

They have grown on me. I run them more than the standard black wheels the car came with. I agree...This black wheels thing is somewhat overdone.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
OK, I'm sick of this whole black wheel fad. Looking for a second set of wheels for the truck for switching between all-terrain and winter tires. Damn near impossible to find something that looks good that isn't blacked out. Sorry, to me the whole black wheel thing looks cheap, like driving around on 4 spare tires...

Agree 100%!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'll be a dissenter. I just got a new Durango as a work vehicle, and it has these stupid silver-spoked alloy rims that get filthy with brake dust in less than one shift. I have to wash it then wipe every little nook and cranny down by hand, every day, otherwise it looks like hell. I miss the black steelies from my old Explorer...pretty much just had to hit them with the brush and a hose and they were gtg.

Posts: 8416 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I have had a few recent cars come with black wheels. I rather like them.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post